Thread: Tropico 3 Review (MyGaming)

Default Tropico 3 Review (MyGaming)

Tropico 3 Review

Become an oppressive dictator or benevolent man of the people in this Caribbean city building sim
    Last edited by Tinman; 06-01-2010 at 10:21 AM.

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

ummmm TM there is a problem with the link.... it points you to a page to create a new thread...
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

Quote Originally Posted by sycogrim View Post
    ummmm TM there is a problem with the link.... it points you to a page to create a new thread...
    Fixed :P

Thanks Syco

If you like city building games this is surely one of the best in a while! The best thing about it is that you feel like your city is alive! That is the most important aspect of a city builder imo.

Just be warned, it requires quite a hefty system to run it on high settings (which ideally you want to be running it on, since anything below that it gets a bit ugly imo) I start to get some stuttering on my system (see sig) when my city gets to above 100 - 150 people which is quite unpleasant and kind of ruins it for me If you have a quad core CPU, I'm sure you would have no problems though.

I played the demo, was good fun iro gameplay and the graphics was certainly not found wanting which is excellent 'cause I haven't see all that many shiny city builders, cept for simcity societies which wasn't very impression in any other respect.

Only thing I couldnt figure out while playing was after spending mucho mucho cash on a heavy militant setup / prison's military police etc was how to kill the pests who launched a coup cause I didn't give into their demands in time - unbelievable!

Can't wait to get the full version.

How does this compare to CitiesXL? was told to get CitiesXL from one of my mates, but Tropico3 seems a little more interesting TBH
    --- The End ---

This looks sooo good, the first one was awesome, guys the buity of this game is its more of a country sim then a city sim, i remember starting huge primary resource citys in different parts of the map and watching them link together gradually, so much fun!

Ive been playing Tropico 3 , its awesome.
    Excellent balance between working with money , keeping your citizens happy and city building. Really worth getting if you enjoyed games like sim city , industry giant and transport tycoon. The only grype I have with it , is the way you build roads , sometimes you need to get a road to a place and the auto pathing of the road doesnt really work that well , im sure they will patch it soon. Its a fun game.

I never played the previous games, but I was really looking forward to this one. It took long enough for the local distributor to get it into the SA gaming community's hands. I played the demo and the road issue is also an irritation for me.

Played the demo....really addictive! Just a bit rough to navigate.
    got friend who try to get it from overseas soon!