Thread: Official Star Citizen Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    Alpha 3.0 is somewhere between 35 and 40GB, yes. It will indeed be interesting to see what Threadripper does with it. Give it a go!
    Cool. Will leave it to DL tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

By the way, CR made a post about 3.0 performance during the holiday that makes for some interesting reading.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...rmance-tidbits

This bit is especially noteworthy:

If you are getting performance in the sub 10-15 FPS range there is definitely something not right, especially if you have a quad core CPU, 4GB video card and at least 16GB. I have seen people reporting 5 FPS when other people with the same specs are getting 25-30 FPS. This is likely a result of the game paging out to disk because of low memory, although sometimes we hear about this on machines that have 16GB or even more, which needs more investigation by us. Is it other apps in memory? Bad page allocation (need 10 GB have 16GB allocated)? Or memory leaks in the game? PCs have lots of advantages but one of the downsides is the huge diversity of configurations which make it hard to pin point the cause of some performance issues. We are investing in additional telemetry both on the servers and clients so we can automatically detect when things aren't performing how they should based on the raw specs of the machine and hopefully determine some issues that are causing the abnormally low performance. Of course this will take a bit of time , so please be patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

By the way, CR made a post about 3.0 performance during the holiday that makes for some interesting reading.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...rmance-tidbits

This bit is especially noteworthy:

If you are getting performance in the sub 10-15 FPS range there is definitely something not right, especially if you have a quad core CPU, 4GB video card and at least 16GB. I have seen people reporting 5 FPS when other people with the same specs are getting 25-30 FPS. This is likely a result of the game paging out to disk because of low memory, although sometimes we hear about this on machines that have 16GB or even more, which needs more investigation by us. Is it other apps in memory? Bad page allocation (need 10 GB have 16GB allocated)? Or memory leaks in the game? PCs have lots of advantages but one of the downsides is the huge diversity of configurations which make it hard to pin point the cause of some performance issues. We are investing in additional telemetry both on the servers and clients so we can automatically detect when things aren't performing how they should based on the raw specs of the machine and hopefully determine some issues that are causing the abnormally low performance. Of course this will take a bit of time , so please be patient.
    Good read. Thanks

(currently we are limited to only four threads for physics regardless of the cores on a client or server)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post
    Cool. Will leave it to DL tonight.
    Any news?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Any news?
    I was staying at my GFs house most of the time . Anyways, I don't know if you saw my build thread? The last part that I was waiting for(the GFX water cooler) is at customs since last Monday. I'm so frustarted right not because I just want to finish the build. The PC runs fine without all the other parts I ordered but I just want to finish it now. Will DL tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

No, I didn't see your other thread. Good luck with the build, hope you get it sorted quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

No, I didn't see your other thread. Good luck with the build, hope you get it sorted quickly.
    I downloaded the game last night. Starts up quick on the Nvme drive. But didn't play yet. Will play tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default Game is such a mess right now

I must have tried like 20 times to get in but only managed to get in once. And only to the hangar. Which also bugged the shipped.

FPS was solid in the hangar but got tired of trying to connect to the universe

It doesn't seem to be stressing the CPU at all though.

Name:  ScreenShot0000.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  580.6 KBName:  SC.png
Views: 48
Size:  91.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post

I must have tried like 20 times to get in but only managed to get in once. And only to the hangar. Which also bugged the shipped.

FPS was solid in the hangar but got tired of trying to connect to the universe

It doesn't seem to be stressing the CPU at all though.
    That seems strange. I installed the game over the weekend on a friend of mine's PC, which is much older and less powerful than yours. He doesn't even have an SSD. It loaded just fine even though the frame rates were a little choppy.

This looks like a bugged install to me. What exactly happens when you try to load into the universe? Also, did you remove the old installation and redownload the game using the new delta patcher?
    Last edited by Sweepslag; 21-01-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

That seems strange. I installed the game over the weekend on a friend of mine's PC, which is much older and less powerful than yours. He doesn't even have an SSD. It loaded just fine even though the frame rates were a little choppy.

This looks like a bugged install to me. What exactly happens when you try to load into the universe? Also, did you remove the old installation and redownload the game using the new delta patcher?
    New installation, didn't have the old one on this harddrive. I think it was giving a network error. I'll try again. Maybe server issues at the time.