Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 574

Thread: Official Star Citizen Thread

  1. #561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post
    New installation, didn't have the old one on this harddrive. I think it was giving a network error. I'll try again. Maybe server issues at the time.
    OK, but did you download the new patcher / launcher? The one used for 2.6.3 has been retired, so even if you did a fresh install, re-using the old launcher will result in a broken install.

  2. #562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    OK, but did you download the new patcher / launcher? The one used for 2.6.3 has been retired, so even if you did a fresh install, re-using the old launcher will result in a broken install.
    I think it is the new one. I just clicked the Download link on the website.
    I'll check when I get back.

  3. #563

    Default

    This weekend can’t come soon enough - have not had a chance to even glance at SC for 2 weeks. This weekend I shall. I will. I must.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


  4. #564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    This weekend can’t come soon enough - have not had a chance to even glance at SC for 2 weeks. This weekend I shall. I will. I must.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is a little something especially for you:


  5. #565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    Here is a little something especially for you:
    Snip
    Very, very cool! And even though the 20-odd fps could be better, it still looks damn good and flows pretty smoothly. Just shows the potential once CIG manage to get a handle on the network and object streaming issues.

    Why MovieMaker btw? I thought it had died years ago? I do remember it being a real pain to work with when I last tried using it to help the kid with a school thing a couple of years ago. (She landed up doing a better, quicker job of it herself using the free version of iMovie that came on her iPad!)

    I think the new version of Paint (of all things!) has some basic video edit tools, with more supposedly coming in the next Windows update. Also, although I haven’t used it myself, check out this PCMag review of open-source program called Shotcut maybe: https://www.pcmag.com/review/356016/shotcut. What are you using to record your footage in the first place?

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


  6. #566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Very, very cool! And even though the 20-odd fps could be better, it still looks damn good and flows pretty smoothly. Just shows the potential once CIG manage to get a handle on the network and object streaming issues.
    Indeed. This is vid just a snippet of a play session lasting maybe 90 minutes, and it maintained the 20-odd fps level the whole time. For such a low frame rate, things felt surprisingly smooth. If they can hit even a steady 30, the game will be very, very playable.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Why MovieMaker btw? I thought it had died years ago? I do remember it being a real pain to work with when I last tried using it to help the kid with a school thing a couple of years ago. (She landed up doing a better, quicker job of it herself using the free version of iMovie that came on her iPad!)

    I think the new version of Paint (of all things!) has some basic video edit tools, with more supposedly coming in the next Windows update. Also, although I haven’t used it myself, check out this PCMag review of open-source program called Shotcut maybe: https://www.pcmag.com/review/356016/shotcut. What are you using to record your footage in the first place?
    Well, for one thing, it was there...

    I record using the XBox DVR feature built into Windows 10. It's a bit bare-bones, but it gets the job done, and importantly makes no noticeable impact on actual game performance (it helps that I have loads of RAM and a 12-core CPU too, I guess.) I tried using AMD's Radeon Relive feature which is built right into the GPU drivers, but during PTU phase, that would result in a hard crash the moment I started recording. So DVR it is.

    As for Movie Maker, same story; it may be fairly basic but it does exactly what I need it to do. I can snip the video as needed, add narration, and introduce some very basic effects, although since I'm trying to show what gameplay is like, I will keep the effects stuff to a bare minimum. Thanks for the link though; I will give Shotcut a look if I have some time.

  7. #567

  8. #568

    Default

    New Alpha 3.0 Features Trailer released last night. Not gonna lie... it caused a bit of stir in my space gamer nether regions.

    It's long, but definitely worth a watch (in HD especially) if you have the time:



    I don't think we have a "cargo crate camera" which is presumably why the "All footage captured in Star Citizen Alpha 3.0" tag only comes up after the intro bit. SC is taking a shit ton of time to get done, but hell, it's looking frikken good (and it's still only in Alpha!) and I still think the patient wait will be worth it.

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


  9. #569

    Default

    So you're playing this weekend, right? I should add you to my contacts list...

  10. #570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    So you're playing this weekend, right? I should add you to my contacts list...
    Yip, hoping for a quiet Saturday evening. Will keep an eye out for you then.

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


Similar Threads

  1. Gamers fork over $42 million for Star Citizen
    By qornea in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-04-2014, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-11-2013, 02:57 PM
  3. Star Citizen has US$8-million pledged to development
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 03:58 PM
  4. Star Citizen - what it's all about
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-11-2012, 10:21 PM
  5. Star Citizen - From the Maker of Wing Commander and Freelancer
    By OmegaFenix in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-10-2012, 07:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •