Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Games to Film

Default Games to Film

There has been many adaption s of games into movies in the past and for the faithful gamer it is always awesome to see those pixels come to life .
    As the tech evolves with movies like avatar we can look forward to great adaption s in the future .

There are those games that we will wait for like MGS and there are those that have come and some that will be here soon.

In this thread we can discuss it all , what you liked ? What you want to see?

Coming soon is The Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Featurette

January 4, 2010
    Resident Evil: Afterlife sees Milla Jovovich back as the zombie-killing Alice, along with returning cast members Ali Larter and Spencer Locke as Claire Redfield and K-Mart, respectively. New cast members include Wentworth Miller as Claire's brother Chris Redfield, Shawn Roberts as the villainous Albert Wesker, Boris Kodjoe and Kim Coates.

open January 14, 2011
    Sadly the MGS movie is Dead

Originally posted by Tpex (2009 game review) having a knife fight in a phone booth

I would love to see Bioshock the movie and Assassins Creed!
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
    I would love to see Bioshock the movie and Assassins Creed!
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1017323p1.html

Read here

Originally posted by Tpex (2009 game review) having a knife fight in a phone booth

I think Protoype would make an awesome blockbuster movie - its loud, pointless, violent - Prototype: Origins or something...

And I've always thought Diablo would make a decent film for some reason..

There has been many adaption s of games into movies in the past and for the faithful gamer it is always awesome to see those pixels come to life .
    Except in the (multiple) cases of Uwe Boll

Mafia, Brothers in Arms and Splinter Cell. Films based on games with actual plots and in depth characters for me please

I'm actually thinking it's for the better that the Metal Gear Solid movie is dead, I really doubt they could have done the game justice. The Prince of Persia movie looks like it might actually be reasonably good, at least from what the trailer showed.

I'm hoping for God of War movie awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Mafia, Brothers in Arms and Splinter Cell. Films based on games with actual plots and in depth characters for me please
    and how did Hitman and Max Payne not have "actual plots and in depth characters" ????

Frankly I've lost faith in games made from movies, they just butcher the story into some hollywood crap

hope its not anything like their previous attempts

Quote:
    Resident Evil: Afterlife sees Milla Jovovich back as the zombie-killing Alice, along with returning cast members Ali Larter and Spencer Locke as Claire Redfield and K-Mart, respectively. New cast members include Wentworth Miller as Claire's brother Chris Redfield, Shawn Roberts as the villainous Albert Wesker, Boris Kodjoe and Kim Coates.

open January 14, 2011

And there's a movie adaptation of WoW on the way as well - Sam Raimi will apparently be working on it.

The Prince of Persia film looks like it might do the game some justice.

The Resident Evil films should've died after the first one already, last one was the worst of the lot.