Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: *WINNER ANNOUNCED* Xbox One giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Comp's might be also part of the problem I think.
    A healthy forum shouldn't rely on activity comps to keep it active. There's just something wrong that...
    But there shouldn't be anything wrong with rewarding active contributors

Quote Originally Posted by Ike_009 View Post
    "buy me a R5 000 rand chair for me to sit on whenever i'm visiting with your salary."
    I think you hit the nail in the coffin with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Iam3G View Post
    But there shouldn't be anything wrong with rewarding active contributors
    The rewards should be the enjoyment of having fulfilling discussions and debates with a large and welcoming community. This and interesting and entertaining thread topics are the rewards. And NOT the donkey-and-carrot incentive system, that's just tacky.

There's nothing wrong with an awesome comp, hell I would loves me an xbone but too much of these and purely for the sake of the keeping the forum alive is wrong.

Rather try to strike a balance between your article posting game and threads and comps.

And with the Kinky sexual habits article this department is seriously lacking.
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 19-02-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

The rewards should be the enjoyment of having fulfilling discussions and debates with a large and welcoming community. This and interesting and entertaining thread topics are the rewards. And NOT the donkey-and-carrot incentive system, that's just tacky.

There's nothing wrong with an awesome comp, hell I would loves me an xbone but too much of these and purely for the sake of the keeping the forum alive is wrong.
    If there is very little-to-no activity on the forum, what will that mean for MyGaming?

I can completely understand where you're coming from. With that said, maybe this is the only option that works for MyGaming at the moment with regards to getting increased activity?

Up until [MENTION=9237]Ike_009[/MENTION]'s post, I did not really understand the mechanics behind how the views/forum/revenue works.

But I have definitely got a better picture now.

Quote Originally Posted by phalen View Post
    i am new to this forum - but i have been trying to participate in activity by posting meaningful content. i am not a very verbal person, but when i feel like i have something to share thats not crap i'll do that.

i dont see anything wrong with a carrot dangling in front of me to coax me off of my fence - where i am usually at. it helps me to think beyond my little circle and engage with people - something i am not good at at all.
    Hehehe! That is a very nice way of putting it! I am also quite new to the forum and feel exactly the same way

I think the activity comps do their job well, actual spamming is not tolerated by the staff or the members. The forum has some live, and we get more members. People are motivated to come here and chat a bit. There is always unnecessary posting that's not exactly spam when there's a big comp on, but you have to expect some of that. Ultimately it's a business decision, and it's a marketing exercise. You spend money to offer something valuable with the aim of increasing traffic, so you tailor the requirements to support that.

It's not lekker for people who don't want to have to work at it or can't post enough to stand a chance in a comp, but expecting the rules to change because they don't them is just over-entitlement. If you see a competition, check the rules to see if you qualify, and/or what you have to do to qualify, if you don't qualify, then that's too bad for you.

Please can we refrain from opening up the whole whether we like the activity comps or not - that's been settled a while ago.

The year just started, MyG will have tons more comps, so lets all just have fun and be social.

I'm not that active on here anymore,but I do chat and share my knowledge right [MENTION=193]matt[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6438]JudeC[/MENTION] ?
    Another cool place to buy games/codes >>https://www.g2a.com/r/kofdelight

All I'm saying is that i prefer the MyG staff to be a little more resourceful and creative and not just throw money at things to solve problems.

It's a valid strategy, but you need a bigger community base that constantly pumps good threads and posts if you're gonna rely on them for most of the forum content.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

All I'm saying is that i prefer the MyG staff to be a little more resourceful and creative and not just throw money at things to solve problems.

It's a valid strategy, but you need a bigger community base that constantly pumps good threads and posts if you're gonna rely on them for most of the forum content.
    What do you feel, would be a more applicable means of getting this done?
    Last edited by Hagan; 19-02-2015 at 03:03 PM.