Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: SA Community Game Dev - For learners too

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualForce View Post
    So, I am very eager to start with something, even if I had to on my own for the meantime. Not going to search for me previous post, but I am very noob. I've started with Blender, got busy this year and sort of neglected it. Want to start again.

I also want to start working on an engine, Unreal looks great. Been watching some unreal tutorial vids. Really want to push this, at least for myself. Been putting it of for years.
    Great man, if you have any questions or want directions feel free to ask. My unreal skills arent bad but not pro.

I'll help out anyone who needs help with Unity. Have been using it for years now.

Hi ArchieChoke, would you be interested in reviving this? I need a stimulating new hobby, and would love to dive into this.
    (And finally having decent internet really helps)
    Bandwidth: Something more precious than gold in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by foozball3000 View Post
    Hi ArchieChoke, would you be interested in reviving this? I need a stimulating new hobby, and would love to dive into this.
    (And finally having decent internet really helps)
    Hey dude,hell yes, however it will have to be end of June beginning July.i will be writing exams then I'll Def be free. Any1 that wants to join please just post and I'll add you to unreal engine friends group then the github.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    Hey dude,hell yes, however it will have to be end of June beginning July.i will be writing exams then I'll Def be free. Any1 that wants to join please just post and I'll add you to unreal engine friends group then the github.

Okay, so we're still doing it on the unreal engine?
    I'll make a plan to update my copy

Okay, so we're still doing it on the unreal engine?
    I'll make a plan to update my copy
    Yeah, most my code and assets are already done in unreal engine, don't wanna spend time converting code from C++ to any other language. Can we do a project that's pretty simple, like a classic snake game or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    Yeah, most my code and assets are already done in unreal engine, don't wanna spend time converting code from C++ to any other language. Can we do a project that's pretty simple, like a classic snake game or something like that?

I think we should push our skill, but not our management skills. Because if we find it interesting, then we stay motivated.
    Also there seems to be a MASSIVE need for a simple, fast and beautiful FPS.

Nothing elaborate.
    Do you know what the Lean Startup is? I feel that using it's core methodology will help us A LOT. Mostly because we're just a few guys, and not working on it 24/7

[MENTION=6134]ArchieChoke[/MENTION] [MENTION=592]foozball3000[/MENTION]

Hello guys,

If you have need of a writer for story or content just let me know, including dialogue or cut-scenes or any storyboard elements.. I would be happy to help on your project. I do not know if you checked out my thread regarding my debut novel, but have a gander at it and then decide if you have need for my skills/services. I am branching out my skill set, and video game writing is one of the things I am looking at getting into. If you want some examples from my novel or of my writing you can read the first part of the novel for free and a free short story I have released. I will of course supply you with free copies of my novel should you want to read more.

I am also an ex-game developer where I used to specialize in scripting and map design, but that was a long time ago and one cannot bargain on those skills anymore. I mainly worked in the Id tech engines and source engines, and some work in the Torque engines. But as I said those skills are beyond rusty but I do have some idea what goes into creating a game and could help on other facets if there is a need for it.

Links: http://gamma-nine.com/buy-now/
    Free sample: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/613128
    Free Short Story: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/632933

Let me know what you think.

Link to my thread:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...Info-and-Links

"What's with the poop face?"

I've been learning Unity quite a bit lately, a bit slow cause i don't have much free time but made 2 games following a course on Udemy, a block breaker clone and a simple space shooter which can be played here: http://gamebucket.io/game/5b370d33-a...e-eb61a034cc8d (arrows to move, space to shoot)

Busy with a Plants v Zombies clone before moving onto 3D stuff.

Really want to start my own projects but making myself finish the courses first. Just want to make a bunch of small games to learn.

I am not too good at C# so will probably use uScript / Playmaker (Visual scripting / finite state machine) when making my own games, but learning the fundamentals in C# fist

I think we should push our skill, but not our management skills. Because if we find it interesting, then we stay motivated.
    Also there seems to be a MASSIVE need for a simple, fast and beautiful FPS.

Nothing elaborate.
    Do you know what the Lean Startup is? I feel that using it's core methodology will help us A LOT. Mostly because we're just a few guys, and not working on it 24/7
    We will be pushing our skills. The main thing is we need something that runs first then functionality can be expanded.
    Essentially we really need to set out the project scope and work.With out this we could just be prototyping Features or Functions forever without having anything Playable and Fun.

So here will be the basics:-
    UI (Main menu ) - Consists of (Single player (Free Roam) | Multiplayer (Simple menu for direct connect) | Options (Change key mappings))
    UI (Player Feedback) - Consists of (Health | Ammo count)
    Map - (Decision if we doing Static objects or Procedural)

If we can get this started then we expand from there.

Lean Startup, not familiar with the term and googling returns ENTREPRENEURSHIP(http://theleanstartup.com/principles) info which i don't see how it correlates.
    Perhaps send me a link ill have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    [MENTION=6134]ArchieChoke[/MENTION] [MENTION=592]foozball3000[/MENTION]

Hello guys,

If you have need of a writer for story or content just let me know, including dialogue or cut-scenes or any storyboard elements.. I would be happy to help on your project. I do not know if you checked out my thread regarding my debut novel, but have a gander at it and then decide if you have need for my skills/services. I am branching out my skill set, and video game writing is one of the things I am looking at getting into. If you want some examples from my novel or of my writing you can read the first part of the novel for free and a free short story I have released. I will of course supply you with free copies of my novel should you want to read more.

I am also an ex-game developer where I used to specialize in scripting and map design, but that was a long time ago and one cannot bargain on those skills anymore. I mainly worked in the Id tech engines and source engines, and some work in the Torque engines. But as I said those skills are beyond rusty but I do have some idea what goes into creating a game and could help on other facets if there is a need for it.

Links: http://gamma-nine.com/buy-now/
    Free sample: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/613128
    Free Short Story: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/632933

Let me know what you think.

Link to my thread:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...Info-and-Links
    Hey Spartan long time man. :P

Ooooo yes please, writer is what we don't have and actually need as Lore and story is vital to a game.
    Just a quick question are you able to Draw / Paint? Would you need someone to help with that? (As we do have someone that can assist)

Looking at amazon's pre-read, your story is very comprehensive. One question, the Titans , how would you represent them? Like in Titan Fall ? Like Pacific RIM? Like Mech Warriors?

Map design, your post on this interests me, how interested would you be in Map design? Map Creation?, Maps are critical to game play.

Conerning your past experiences with engines, I doubt you will struggle to use Unreal engine TBH. Please download and try it, it will be foreign for the first couple times of use but then you will get fluid with it im sure. - Provide feedback if you are comfortable using it or would you rather prefer 3D modeler apps to do map creation?

I would love your input when it comes to Creating a game.