Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New GPU

  1. #1

    Default New GPU

    Okay so I have a max of R3000 i'm willing to fork over for a GPU.

    I see wootware has the gtx 960 galax on sale for R2999.

    Any other suggestions in that price range.

    Also anybody want to comment about Galax as a brand.

  2. #2

    Default

    I actually haven't heard of them before... Personally, I'd go for the Asus 270X over some brand I've never heard of. Maybe they're an up-and-comer though, so I don't want to bad mouth them.

    Are you set on Nvidia or would you consider an ATI?

  3. #3

    Default

    I was looking at the R9 270x but at that price the Gtx 960 to me seems obviously better.

    Galax (Galaxy\ KFA2 )seems to have been around for a long time and is now in SA.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    Okay so I have a max of R3000 i'm willing to fork over for a GPU.

    I see wootware has the gtx 960 galax on sale for R2999.

    Any other suggestions in that price range.

    Also anybody want to comment about Galax as a brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    I was looking at the R9 270x but at that price the Gtx 960 to me seems obviously better.

    Galax (Galaxy\ KFA2 )seems to have been around for a long time and is now in SA.
    Looking at the prices (just used Wootware now) and the performance you get, the 960 seems to be your best bet.

    And regarding Galax, I am now on my second card from them (previous one was still branded KFA2), and I have not had any problems so far. [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] also highly recommended them in another thread.
    Let him also give his input before you make a suggestion

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Looking at the prices (just used Wootware now) and the performance you get, the 960 seems to be your best bet.

    And regarding Galax, I am now on my second card from them (previous one was still branded KFA2), and I have not had any problems so far. [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] also highly recommended them in another thread.
    Let him also give his input before you make a suggestion
    Agreed with everything you said. I like giving the underdogs a chance and always had a soft spot for KFA2, even though I never owned one of their products. I'd say go for the 960!
    [MENTION=6280]Blazzok[/MENTION]: Het jy toe Top Gear gekyk?
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Agreed with everything you said. I like giving the underdogs a chance and always had a soft spot for KFA2, even though I never owned one of their products. I'd say go for the 960!
    [MENTION=6280]Blazzok[/MENTION]: Het jy toe Top Gear gekyk?
    Ek het al episode 2 gekyk, my episode 1 download stadig. Sal 1 hopelik vandag kan kyk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •