Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man is coming home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

Saw it earlier this morning as well. Awrsome news, finally Spidey can be part of the greater Marvel universe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by qornea View Post
    Perhaps they will bring Donald Glover (Troy in Community) in to play a new version of Spidey.

He's a big fan, and already involved in the Spider-Man universe.

I would love to see that.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they went this route and changed his race. Would be a good way to breathe new life into a character that's seen so many live screen incarnations in the last decade.

Though personally speaking, I'd prefer Peter white. Not because I'm being racist, it's just a character preference. I wouldn't be dissuaded from seeing the film should he not be though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

If they change his race then it should be Miles Morales and not Peter Parker. The last 2 movies were more Ultimate than Amazing Spidey anyway.

That being said I would prefer if they stuck to Peter, but a proper Ultimate Spider-Man with Miles could also be cool.
    Last edited by Wlad; 10-02-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they went this route and changed his race. Would be a good way to breathe new life into a character that's seen so many live screen incarnations in the last decade.

Though personally speaking, I'd prefer Peter white. Not because I'm being racist, it's just a character preference. I wouldn't be dissuaded from seeing the film should he not be though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    If they change his race then it should be Miles Morales and not Peter Parker. The last 2 movies were more Ultimate than Amazing Spidey anyway.

That being said I would prefer of they stuck to Peter, but a proper Ultimate Spider-Man with Miles could also be cool.
    I agree with all of you and @qornea

It should be Miles Morales. Fun fact: the Avengers line-up is based on the Ultimates, the Avengers counterparts from the same universe as Miles Morales. Hence black Nick Fury.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I must admit its a bit strange to do another "reboot" so soon... I seriously wish that studios would think about things like this, I mean Wolverine and Hugh Jackman is like the ONLY constant in the marvel universe... They are definitely getting better though with IronMan, Thor and Captain America...

Looking forward to seeing Spidey join in with the avengers though... Should be very cool!

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I must admit its a bit strange to do another "reboot" so soon... I seriously wish that studios would think about things like this, I mean Wolverine and Hugh Jackman is like the ONLY constant in the marvel universe... They are definitely getting better though with IronMan, Thor and Captain America...

Looking forward to seeing Spidey join in with the avengers though... Should be very cool!
    The problem is that marvel didn't have the movie rights to Spiderman, it was Sony's, but they have finally agreed to let him go back to marvel. Marvel will now have to do a Spiderman origin movie before he is in the next avengers. Although I wouldn't mind Garfield staying as Spiderman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    The problem is that marvel didn't have the movie rights to Spiderman, it was Sony's, but they have finally agreed to let him go back to marvel. Marvel will now have to do a Spiderman origin movie before he is in the next avengers. Although I wouldn't mind Garfield staying as Spiderman.
    Yeah, Garfield was the perfect Peter Parker. They might have to do an origin movie, yeah...unless they can work it in somewhere else...like they did with Black Widow and Hawkeye.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    But if they've given the character back to Marvel why can't Marvel just continue with the Garfield character created by Sony? Or is that barred by some kind of copyright despite them having the rights to the character again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    But if they've given the character back to Marvel why can't Marvel just continue with the Garfield character created by Sony? Or is that barred by some kind of copyright despite them having the rights to the character again?
    I don't think the character fits into their universe. Surely if the stuff that was happening in ASM 2 in the same New York City as in Avengers, there would have been overlap. Likewise with the first Avengers movie.

As in the comic books, the Avengers and Spider-Man would be helping each other out a lot more, were they ever on the same tiny island of Manhattan.

To use a good example: for a long time Marvel took the Punisher out of the main comic book continuity and put him in a different universe. Their reasoning for this was that the Avengers would surely intervene if the Punisher was brutally murdering bad guys left and right...and if they did, they would curb the entire idea of the character, making him useless. They could not co-exist in the same universe.

Now, combining the existing Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Cinematic Universes, a similar situation would arise. Marvel probably can make it fit, but would they want to add something to their Cinematic Universe that they did not expressly create to do so?
    Last edited by TheAvenged87; 10-02-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by TheAvenged87 View Post
    I don't think the character fits into their universe. Surely if the stuff that was happening in ASM 2 in the same New York City as in Avengers, there would have been overlap. Likewise with the first Avengers movie.

To use a good example: for a long time Marvel took the Punisher out of the main comic book continuity and put him in a different universe. Their reasoning for this was that the Avengers would surely intervene if the Punisher was brutally murdering bad guys left and right...and if they did, they would curb the entire idea of the character, making him useless.

Now, combining the existing Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Cinematic Universes, a similar situation would arise. Marvel probably can make it fit, but would they want to add something to their Cinematic Universe that they did not expressly create to do so?
    I guess that makes sense. Didn't think as far as Spidey and the Avengers being in the same city.