Thread: How to share digital games on XBOX ONE

Wink How to share digital games on XBOX ONE

Well it comes down to trust.

You or your friend will be the Host,
    example- On your XB1 you will have your friends profile saved on your console.

If you have a Gold membership, he/she will automatically have Gold as well ( You can also deactivate this).

On your friends console, he/she must go to their console user setting where they must set their XBOX to not being their home console.

This can be found when you go to Settings and on the left hand side will be colored tabs,the top being your gamer profile, the bottom one being your Xbox Home settings, you will select the last one.

The you will see an option to set you console to MY HOME or NOT MY HOME.

Your friend MUST choose NOT MY HOME.

What this will do is make your console his home console, this will mean that, whatever games you have digitally on your console, they will be able to download and play,but only as long as your console is set as his home console.
    If the settings are changed,your friend will not be able to play any of the games as Microsoft will ask him to purchase the game.

You will then be able to play the same games at the same time together, or whenever either of you want to play.

Remember it's about trust as that persons details(bank account will be on your console, if he purchases digital games) and their gamer profile is accessible.

This can ONLY happen between two consoles though.

Hope this helps.
    Another cool place to buy games/codes >>https://www.g2a.com/r/kofdelight

this seems legit. very nice guide. just ine question you dont need to worry about bank details if the downloadable games came with the console?

Ps4 have a similar process Gave out my login info for a few friends, working quite well
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardeath View Post
    this seems legit. very nice guide. just ine question you dont need to worry about bank details if the downloadable games came with the console?
    The banking details are only on the console when you have to purchase something and sometimes redeem a code.

What I've picked up from MS is that in order to do a purchase, even with MS points, you must have some bank card details on the console, which is stupid.You can use a Credit or Debit card.

What I usually do is,insert my bank card details, buy the game/DLC then I remove it again from the console.

You can also log your Microsoft account from a PC and make changes to your banking details and see your purchase history.

Quote Originally Posted by KofDelight View Post
    The banking details are only on the console when you have to purchase something and sometimes redeem a code.

What I've picked up from MS is that in order to do a purchase, even with MS points, you must have some bank card details on the console, which is stupid.You can use a Credit or Debit card.

What I usually do is,insert my bank card details, buy the game/DLC then I remove it again from the console.

You can also log your Microsoft account from a PC and make changes to your banking details and see your purchase history.
    Thats good to know I was wandering how secure this is. LOL but thats not a bad thing, when you are done to remove the details again.

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    Ps4 have a similar process Gave out my login info for a few friends, working quite well
    Wait what? Seriously? Do they just play on your account or how does it work?

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardeath View Post
    Thats good to know I was wandering how secure this is. LOL but thats not a bad thing, when you are done to remove the details again.
    Yeah cause anything can happen,like your console being stolen or your MS account being hacked.
    I don't like having my banking details on anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Wait what? Seriously? Do they just play on your account or how does it work?
    I'll make a separate thread for it today, don't want to hijack this one.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by KofDelight View Post
    Yeah cause anything can happen,like your console being stolen or your MS account being hacked.
    I don't like having my banking details on anything really.
    yeah thats really dodgey. haha and the chances of any of those happening also quite vast.

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    I'll make a separate thread for it today, don't want to hijack this one.
    Awesome thanks bud!
    Hit me up with an [MENTION=13244]Tom[/MENTION] when you do please [emoji6]

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016