You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View Poll Results: Should Dampi be kicked out of the MyGaming community thread?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 50.00%
  • No

13 50.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Dampi be kicked out of the MyGaming community thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    A guy steps out of the office for an hour for a meeting and all hell breaks loose.

I'm going to work my way through all of the reported posts, clean up this thread, and then post what I think is needed to resolve the matter.
    I think we should close MyGaming and start a dance troop/rap crew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Wait...this ISN'T a dance crew?!?
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by phalen View Post
    sheesh - could you please stop? you say you wont result to personal insults, yet you keep insulting the general community by marking people as 'elites' and them being power hungry.

you are inciting everyone. your arguments have been proved invalid by numerous quotes of posted rules, and Eugene's warning post that people will be removed from the group and asking for feedback.

dampi has accepted the ruling and understands it. why cant you?
    Your new here, we'll talk again in a few months when you've also experienced it.

It's peculiar how you haven't said anything about the list of personal insults in this thread which are also against forum rules.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Geez guys put down the pitch forks and torches we are a community here some of us even irl friends why resort to things like this and insults and bickering. i think i only once called someone out and that was in the beginning when i joined here, so dampi has won a few games i wanted but that's life there will be more sales and more GA's

Maybe we should change the GA's around a bit have the guys that create GA's at any said time ask the community what they would like (don't go pluk die dam onder die eend se gat uit nie natuurlik)

Or just look at what's on dampi's list so that he can't enter it at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

Oooooh, drama! It's been a while since this side of the interwebz saw some drama. I bet it's that XBONE working on everyone's nerves... Better get rid of that thing before it rips this community apart. I'll be the bigger man and help you dispose of it. So please don't hesitate to contact me so I can provide delivery details.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Im gonna be flamebasted for this post but someone needs to be the voice of reason here.

You guys are blowing this WAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion than it needs to be and are treating it completely wrong. Treat this situation as a Guild leader would. And see both sides...

We already have established that dampi was mostly posting in the giveaway thread but it the whole situation should have gone like this...

(Before kick)
    1. Eugene sends a PM to dampi telling him that hes posting only in the giveaway thread or only during comps, but he cant enter for say a week and needs to post on mygaming in general,then can enter GA again

2. Depending on what dampi would have replied take action
    2a. He says no and carries on posting in only GA thread/only during comps, Eugene then procedes kicks
    2b. He says ok and starts to post regularly.

Think of it like joining a guild and only participating in raids, not being in the guild but only when raid comes to get the epic loot.

Now for point 2.

Eugene posted the reason

"He definitely wasn't removed for winning, that was some very good luck but I won't blame him for it. The problem is that the group and giveaways are for people that contribute to the forums, and just posting in the giveaway thread doesn't contribute anything of worth. If he posts more outside this thread, I would have no issue with adding him back."

Dampi then said "LOL. True. Ain't no one got time to that. LOL. I'll get on it ASAP... when I get time. "

We dont know whats Dampi's situation is i mean maybe hes got personal issues or shit, when i had mine i stopped posting for a month or 2. And both Eugene and Dampi already got a deal sorted by saying when he posts more he will add him back into the group.

So why all the complaining?

This thread is kinda retarded and definatly needs to be closed.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

Quote Originally Posted by _Caboose_ View Post
    (Before kick)
    1. Eugene sends a PM to dampi telling him that hes posting only in the giveaway thread or only during comps, but he cant enter for say a week and needs to post on mygaming in general,then can enter GA again

2. Depending on what dampi would have replied take action
    2a. He says no and carries on posting in only GA thread/only during comps, Eugene then procedes kicks
    2b. He says ok and starts to post regularly.

Think of it like joining a guild and only participating in raids, not being in the guild but only when raid comes to get the epic loot.
    Thanks Caboose, I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

you cant tell an angry badger to not be angry when you threaten or provoke it.

Dampi's removal from the group is not a single-minded attack against him.

if you followed the forum you would have seen it mentioned that he was winning a lot was he actually playing them. this happened here: http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...=1#post1045845
    Winning a lot of give-aways wasn't against the rules. But I believe we are now getting closer to the real reason why dampi was kicked.

this is when the whole debate started on how it should or should not be. a bit later a new thread was created a couple when things started to become uncomfortable: http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...ion-and-Ethics.
    I missed that thread

in that thread, Eugene posted that people will be removed: http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...=1#post1047923

this whole thing was open for everyone to see yet you seemed to miss it.
    Yes, he posted that in this thread as well. And I would have had no problem if he had removed people who had made no contribution or hadn't been seen in months, but kicking Dampi who has been very active should have raised some red flags for him. And if he had approached the group and asked us whether he should kick him or not this whole situation could have been averted. But he acted on his own.

Current poll stats are 58% yes, 41% no. It's far from a open and shut case. I would have loved for the community to come together after a vote result like this and say: hey, there clearly isn't an absolute one-sided opinion on this, so let's discuss, or let's give him the benefit of the doubt as a member of the community. Let's engage with him and ask him to post more over the next 5 days, or face the risk of being kicked out. That's the type of community that I would love for MyGaming to become.

can you not see what is wrong in this picture?
    No, I can't. Do you really think that it's so open and shut?
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!