Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My EA Origin account hacked, twice in 2 months

Default My EA Origin account hacked, twice in 2 months

So my EA Origin account has been hacked now for the 2nd time in 2 months.

The first time (last December) I'll admit my password was not the strongest . After that I changed it and added SMS authentication for each login.

Now I've been hacked again. No SMS received from Origin and all that I received was 2 emails to my GMail account to reset my password. I have SMS authentication on my GMail too so I don't know how they managed to execute the verification process which would have normally required access to my email!

How are they managing to circumvent these security measures?

Magic, however I would suggest changing all your passwords

What AV are you using? And make sure the you have no Trojans or bots on your PC. I have never had my account hacked og and did you perhaps receive a link from a chat sometime in origin that you clicked on?

I've had mine hacked! Bought things on my account, I had to cancel my cards and EA reversed the charges. Though it has only happened once, I no longer let Origin save my password and it's still got the old CC details.
    #FuckEA

Using Avast 2014, the free version. Gonna upgrade to 2015 now, also free version.

Nope, I never clicked on any chat windows from Origin.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    I've had mine hacked! Bought things on my account, I had to cancel my cards and EA reversed the charges. Though it has only happened once, I no longer let Origin save my password and it's still got the old CC details.
    #FuckEA
    Yeah, the first time some Russian (i assume) bought the Russian version of Fifa15. There was no easy way to contact EA and they became effectively unreachable as it was 2 days before Xmas. In the end I requested a refund for the game and that was that. Card was also cancelled and the original transaction blocked. What a hassle!

Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    Yeah, the first time some Russian (i assume) bought the Russian version of Fifa15. There was no easy way to contact EA and they became effectively unreachable as it was 2 days before Xmas. In the end I requested a refund for the game and that was that. Card was also cancelled and the original transaction blocked. What a hassle!
    There was a mass hack of Origin passwords a couple months back, mainly by russian hackers. Hence the Fifa 14 russian version.

Thanks The_Imp! So that's likely the reason for the first account breach. This second breach is very perplexing as I have SMS authentication on...

Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    Thanks The_Imp! So that's likely the reason for the first account breach. This second breach is very perplexing as I have SMS authentication on...
    No problem You didn't use the same password on your Gmail and your Origin account, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Imp_ZA View Post
    No problem You didn't use the same password on your Gmail and your Origin account, did you?
    Nope, they are very different! In any event, from now on I'll only trust EA Origin as far as I can throw them.