Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you buy digital games?

Quote Originally Posted by JudeC View Post
    Can you swop the games, i thought they were locked to your console?
    No as far as i know they scrapped that? That was their intention before the X-1 was launched, but there was a huge uproar about it, and they changed the policy on game swapping im 90% sure...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Do some shopping around before you buy games to make sure you can't get a disk version cheaper, and if you have a Gold sub keep an eye on Games with Gold for free games, and Deals with Gold for specials. They used to have Deals of the Week, but that seems to have disappeared now.

I usually buy store credit from Evopoints, Cheapcodes, PrepaidGamer, etc and load it into my account, lately though, you need to have a payment method stored if you want to buy stuff on the web version of the store (http://www.xbox.com/en-ZA), even if it's a free game or if you have credit, which is hella annoying, but on the XBox 360, it works without having a payment method stored. [MENTION=21413]Darkstardeath[/MENTION] says you have to have payment details stored to buy stuff on the XBone as well, which is a really dumbass move of MS but I have a cancelled credit card on my account, and I just use prepaid credit. You can also set up PayPal.
    yes I agree it was some much better on the XBox 360 you didnt need to have this stored.

[MENTION=6438]JudeC[/MENTION]

Massive Xbox Sale happening starting from 17th -24 February.

http://www.xboxonelife.com/xbox-one-...8-feb-24-2015/
    Another cool place to buy games/codes >>https://www.g2a.com/r/kofdelight

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardeath View Post
    yes I agree it was some much better on the XBox 360 you didnt need to have this stored.
    At one stage, they wouldn't even let you delete your payment method from your account, I'm glad you can now.

I really think it's unethical for them to require a payment method for free games, or if you have credit in your account, and it defeats the point of even having prepaid codes, but they probably think if you have a credit card on the system, then you're more likely to buy more stuff on a whim. Problem is that not everyone has a credit card, and not everyone who has one wants it on file with M$

At one stage, they wouldn't even let you delete your payment method from your account, I'm glad you can now.

I really think it's unethical for them to require a payment method for free games, or if you have credit in your account, and it defeats the point of even having prepaid codes, but they probably think if you have a credit card on the system, then you're more likely to buy more stuff on a whim. Problem is that not everyone has a credit card, and not everyone who has one wants it on file with M$
    i remember those dark times my friend.. haha at least they have come and gone...

It is actually stupid.Even to put in a code for Xbox live you must have your card details in, that really ticked me off.

ok, so came across something last night that got me nervous (admittedly always nervous with onliiine payments) When i signed up for Xbox gold i had to give in my credit card details, however last night when thanks to KofDelight, i tried to take part in the xbox sale, it prompted me to put in my details again for mycredit card. so i didnt, and thought i would ask all of you is this normal everytime you make a purchase, or am i giving my card details to yet another provider?
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”

Quote Originally Posted by JudeC View Post
    ok, so came across something last night that got me nervous (admittedly always nervous with onliiine payments) When i signed up for Xbox gold i had to give in my credit card details, however last night when thanks to KofDelight, i tried to take part in the xbox sale, it prompted me to put in my details again for mycredit card. so i didnt, and thought i would ask all of you is this normal everytime you make a purchase, or am i giving my card details to yet another provider?
    That's a little weird, it should have your credit card details saved to your Microsoft account. There shouldn't be any extra providers though, you buy stuff straight from the MS Marketplace.

If you're buying through the website, you'll usually have to put in your password again when you make a purchase, but your credit card should be there still.

Check the sale on the official XBL Marketplace here http://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/ultimate-game-sale

You can check your saved credit card details here https://account.xbox.com/en-ZA/Payme...ing?managePi=1

If you'r doing it on a PC, log into your MS account and check if your details are all there.

If they are then go to the Xbox live Market place on the PC and buy the game there, it shouldn't prompt you for your card details, only to verify purchase.

If you're doing it on your console, purchase the game and a purchase verification will pop up.

If they request your card details again,even if it's on your console, rather contact Xbox South Africa and ask them if it's normal.

Thanks, it seemed strange to me too. i will try the suggestions now
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”