Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you buy digital games?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do you buy digital games?

Hi All

Please help, i'm still learning to Navigate my Xbox 1, and currently have 4 games - Fifa, Advanced Warefare, GTA V, and Sparks - All hardcopy disc.

every night i go into the xbox store and stop myself from buying a digital game cause, mostly i dont want to pay a premium price to find out i could have bought it cheaper.

I was just wondering if all xbox one owners used the store for their online purchases or if there were better alternatives, and if so how do you do it?

Thanks again for all the help
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”

For XBox I just use the store, I just don't trust anything else enough.

Default How do you buy digital games?

I have started using the US store since all the aaa games are $59 dollars and doesnt vary like it does on the sa store. Now i just buy vouchers from evopoints since the credit cards are weird on the us store. Mine works sometimes but sometimes it does not.

On the XBox one you have to add your banking details, so what I do just for safety after each purchase I just remove my details again but like [MENTION=9033]Talentloos[/MENTION] pointed out rather use the US store.

JudeC, I myself have bought a few games from the XBL Store. Looking at the prices, most of the games I've found are about R100 cheaper than BT Games, but then you have to wait for the downloads for some of the bigger games, that can take some time. Also have a look at Takealot and Kalahari. If you can get a discount code, the prices should be the cheapest from there. Also bookmark Prepaid Gamer as they have some massive specials from time to time on some great games.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Also bookmark Prepaid Gamer as they have some massive specials from time to time on some great games.
    Was also going to suggest @prepaidgamer... They are on the forums, and are extremely helpful, and efficient!

http://www.prepaidgamer.com/assassin...nity-xbox-one/

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Do some shopping around before you buy games to make sure you can't get a disk version cheaper, and if you have a Gold sub keep an eye on Games with Gold for free games, and Deals with Gold for specials. They used to have Deals of the Week, but that seems to have disappeared now.

I usually buy store credit from Evopoints, Cheapcodes, PrepaidGamer, etc and load it into my account, lately though, you need to have a payment method stored if you want to buy stuff on the web version of the store (http://www.xbox.com/en-ZA), even if it's a free game or if you have credit, which is hella annoying, but on the XBox 360, it works without having a payment method stored. [MENTION=21413]Darkstardeath[/MENTION] says you have to have payment details stored to buy stuff on the XBone as well, which is a really dumbass move of MS but I have a cancelled credit card on my account, and I just use prepaid credit. You can also set up PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Do some shopping around before you buy games to make sure you can't get a disk version cheaper, and if you have a Gold sub keep an eye on Games with Gold for free games, and Deals with Gold for specials. They used to have Deals of the Week, but that seems to have disappeared now.

I usually buy store credit from Evopoints, Cheapcodes, PrepaidGamer, etc and load it into my account, lately though, you need to have a payment method stored if you want to buy stuff on the web version of the store (http://www.xbox.com/en-ZA), even if it's a free game or if you have credit, which is hella annoying, but on the XBox 360, it works without having a payment method stored. [MENTION=21413]Darkstardeath[/MENTION] says you have to have payment details stored to buy stuff on the XBone as well, which is a really dumbass move of MS but I have a cancelled credit card on my account, and I just use prepaid credit. You can also set up PayPal.
    yes I agree it was some much better on the XBox 360 you didnt need to have this stored.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardeath View Post
    yes I agree it was some much better on the XBox 360 you didnt need to have this stored.
    At one stage, they wouldn't even let you delete your payment method from your account, I'm glad you can now.

I really think it's unethical for them to require a payment method for free games, or if you have credit in your account, and it defeats the point of even having prepaid codes, but they probably think if you have a credit card on the system, then you're more likely to buy more stuff on a whim. Problem is that not everyone has a credit card, and not everyone who has one wants it on file with M$

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    At one stage, they wouldn't even let you delete your payment method from your account, I'm glad you can now.

I really think it's unethical for them to require a payment method for free games, or if you have credit in your account, and it defeats the point of even having prepaid codes, but they probably think if you have a credit card on the system, then you're more likely to buy more stuff on a whim. Problem is that not everyone has a credit card, and not everyone who has one wants it on file with M$
    i remember those dark times my friend.. haha at least they have come and gone...