Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which FPS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

CS:GO all the way. There is no better FPS atm and the community (especially on the toxic servers) are really cool. Tons of regulars play there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothy View Post
    CS:GO all the way. There is no better FPS atm and the community (especially on the toxic servers) are really cool. Tons of regulars play there.
    When the toxic server are up yeah! =D Lothy what is your CSGO in game nick? Do you play competitively or casual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Yeah @HavocXphere as already mentioned, BF3 is still super active on the iGame servers. A lot more hackers as well though due to the price of the game.

You can look at Insurgency if you want a game with an incredibly high TTK, but great gameplay and offers a ton of teamwork-based matches. They recently brought out a free night map DLC which is a great addition. The gun control takes some getting used to but once you've got it down, it's a lot of fun.

CSGO is also an option and is a lot of cheaper than other AAA titles, but I'm not a fan of the gun mechanics and if you're not someone who knows the maps and bullet spread, you'll have a hard time in the beginning.

I'm surprised Arma 3 is still not widely played here. I absolutely love the mil-sim genre and Arma 3 is one of the best games out there if you're looking for team-orientated gameplay that doesn't involve run and gun tactics.

BF4 is still my most played FPS at just over 600 hours and I'm not slowing down any time soon. The game is a lot more polished since DICE LA took over and with the addition of CTE, they've ironed out a lot of bugs and implemented a lot of cool ideas.
    Drummer | Gamer | Audiophile | Beard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

cs:go my friend I use to be a die hard cod4 player, then bf3 , then bf4 and currently all I seem to play is cs:go, A game that required actual skill, unlike cod where jumping out a corner and aiming for the hip and holding is the best strat . Cs is hard though, having played fps games for many years (played dgl and that) it was different, but I have grown to love the challenge recoils of the guns, having to hit a player first shot in the head . The community is pretty decent too, have not come across a hacker yet , but a few smurf accounts can get annoying (that seems to be a recent thing though) , but overall pretty darn fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    When the toxic server are up yeah! =D Lothy what is your CSGO in game nick? Do you play competitively or casual?
    Look out for Katpiss Evergreen. Na my competitive days are behind me, so I just play casual these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBoard View Post
    cs:go my friend I use to be a die hard cod4 player, then bf3 , then bf4 and currently all I seem to play is cs:go, A game that required actual skill, unlike cod where jumping out a corner and aiming for the hip and holding is the best strat . Cs is hard though, having played fps games for many years (played dgl and that) it was different, but I have grown to love the challenge recoils of the guns, having to hit a player first shot in the head . The community is pretty decent too, have not come across a hacker yet , but a few smurf accounts can get annoying (that seems to be a recent thing though) , but overall pretty darn fun.
    Could not agree more! CSGO is an awesome game with an awesome community !

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothy View Post
    Look out for Katpiss Evergreen. Na my competitive days are behind me, so I just play casual these days.
    Hahah what a weird name!! Will keep an eye out :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Could not agree more! CSGO is an awesome game with an awesome community !

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Hahah what a weird name!! Will keep an eye out :P
    Haha ye that's the point. I generally like to use absurd names. Nothing like getting a headshot by someone named Katpiss Evergreen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Hmm...my PC still hasn't arrived. Oh well.

I know I've got a Csgo copy on steam so I'll definitely give that a shot.

Arma and insurgency also look really cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Save the date

I've been playing BF4 a lot lately, mostly due to a lack of anything better to play, but it's not that bad. Still doesn't scratch the itch left behind by BFBC2. It's too arcadish compared to older BF titles.

Other than that you can try Red Orchestra 2. Hit detection is client-side, so it's very playable with latencies up to 200ms. And it's brilliant. Your teammates aren't marked out, so you have to learn to recognise the uniforms or you end up killing your own team.