Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I can haz custom tightless plox?

Default I can haz custom tightless plox?

Based on the interest in the thread, I've decided to update this post with current members requesting titles that adhere to the still-to-be-ratified requirements of 2 years' membership and 1000 posts:

[MENTION=297]FarligOpptreden[/MENTION]: Tightless, Insert custom tightless here!, Wallbanger, /* No comment */, Plead the fifth
    [MENTION=12147]Hagan[/MENTION]: TL;DR, Check my new Avatar, The undecided
    [MENTION=12523]DuckKnuckle[/MENTION]: Mad Patter, THE stick man, Drumstick
    [MENTION=6722]Kwaai[/MENTION]: Naai
    [MENTION=4924]Wyzak[/MENTION]: Homewrecker, Defender of the indifferent
    [MENTION=12607]mottamort[/MENTION]: VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=1487]Crzwaco[/MENTION] : Howdy Neighbour, Night Shift, After Hours, After Dark
    [MENTION=13244]Tom[/MENTION]: The Invisible Man, Phantom Walker
    [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]: VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=13408]Crableg[/MENTION]: Darth Radar, Low Flyer
    [MENTION=2530]Wyvern[/MENTION]: VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=3505]DarthMol[/MENTION]: Talks to himself
    [MENTION=4613]TheAvenged87[/MENTION]: Resident CBG, Guardian of Gotham, Not Robin
    [MENTION=532]Hiro[/MENTION]: Nakamura (SS)
    [MENTION=9237]Ike_009[/MENTION]: Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted; Auditing Man, The Auditor
    [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION]: Born to die, Likes it hard, Spoon!
    [MENTION=6600]PsychoFish[/MENTION]: Not really a fish; Dory; Fishing for Steam giveaways; Bruce; Fish are Friends, Not Food; Mr Banana hammock 1997 (SS), Smells like Tuna VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION]: VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=468]Weasley[/MENTION]: Resident Ginger
    [MENTION=17]Eugene[/MENTION] : The Jeep **, You will be moderated, o||||o, Game Hoarder, Director of Acquisitions, The man with no enemies, There's a GIF for that, MyGaming Community Leader
    [MENTION=11450]Mister 44[/MENTION]: MyGaming Plaas Clown
    [MENTION=14824]Donisia[/MENTION]: Donsie
    [MENTION=8104]Saint_Dee[/MENTION]: VOTING THREAD
    [MENTION=187]_Caboose_[/MENTION]:

---------------------------------
    EDIT: I appended "SS" (Self-Suggested) to some of the titles where members recommended titles for themselves, just to keep things a bit fair.
    ---------------------------------
    OP:

So, how does one go about getting a custom title around here? On my forum-home-away-from-home we have a tradition that as soon as someone hits 1000 posts the community votes for the member's title. After getting enough responses, a poll is drawn up and the community then makes the final decision. Point being, the member in question is not allowed to intervene with the choosing of the title. Participation in discussion is welcome (and recommended) and public dismay can be shown for the horrible, degrading suggestions, but the community's vote is final.

So, thoughts?
    Last edited by FarligOpptreden; 15-05-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    So, how does one go about getting a custom title around here? On my forum-home-away-from-home we have a tradition that as soon as someone hits 1000 posts the community votes for the member's title. After getting enough responses, a poll is drawn up and the community then makes the final decision. Point being, the member in question is not allowed to intervene with the choosing of the title. Participation in discussion is welcome (and recommended) and public dismay can be shown for the horrible, degrading suggestions, but the community's vote is final.

So, thoughts?
    No doubt this excludes those who currently has titles already?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
    No doubt this excludes those who currently has titles already?
    Why should it? Why can't we embark on a custom-title choosing quest for everyone involved and make it a fun, memorable experience? It really adds to the sense of community and makes everyone involved feel special.

Why should it? Why can't we embark on a custom-title choosing quest for everyone involved and make it a fun, memorable experience? It really adds to the sense of community and makes everyone involved feel special.
    So the forum (should he/she/they) so desire or so wish to participate, can think of a community-based title for forum members; something more or less describing that particular member, as the community sees them? Within a criteria? Within certain borders, and making sure that the title chosen for the said member is something themselves like/don't mind having?

Bottom line: (Forum) Community "comes together" as think of a title that best describes (in a manner of speaking) a forum member who wish to have a custom title.

As I understand.
    Last edited by Hagan; 19-02-2015 at 03:02 PM.

So the forum (should he/she/they) so desire or so wish to participate, can think of a community-based title for forum members; something more or less describing that particular member, as the community sees them?
    Say that again slowly please. I'm not sure I followed...

Mine was picked that in TK for me. I didnt know what to choose so I made them choose it for me.

Say that again slowly please. I'm not sure I followed...
    Edited.

Hopefully it's now better understood.

So the forum (should he/she/they) so desire or so wish to participate, can think of a community-based title for forum members; something more or less describing that particular member, as the community sees them? Within a criteria? Within certain borders, and making sure that the title chosen for the said member is something themselves like/don't mind having?
    Still:

Bottom line: (Forum) Community "comes together" as think of a title that best describes (in a manner of speaking) a forum member who wish to have a custom title.

As I understand.
    Pretty much, yes. The admins of the forum are there to make sure things are in line and above board and I believe most people on here don't have exclusively malicious intent towards others, so the final decision will probably be something the to-be-titled member will be willing to accept.

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Mine was picked that in TK for me. I didnt know what to choose so I made them choose it for me.
    Good girl! That's how it's supposed to be!

- - - - - - - - - - Triple Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

C-C-C-COMBO!

As I understand.
    TL;DR Forum get's to choose a custom title for some one if they so please. I myself wish to keep mine.

Still:

Pretty much, yes. The admins of the forum are there to make sure things are in line and above board and I believe most people on here don't have exclusively malicious intent towards others, so the final decision will probably be something the to-be-titled member will be willing to accept.

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Good girl! That's how it's supposed to be!
    I like this idea.

Sorry for my f***ed up english - I type as I think.