You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The MyGaming Steam Community giveaways complaints and meta-discussion thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Like Wyvern said, the group was created mainly to reward people for activity, nothing more, nothing less. Now, since you've successfully driven out the people that started it, you're welcome to do with it as you please. Might as well go back to using the old non-"elite" group, and give away all the games to a bunch of freeloading foreigners, like back when we first started the thing.
    Sigh, can't rep.

Remember those guys from Turkey or something like that? Oh, the spam, all the forum spam. Ugh, I don't want that again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

its sad that some individuals here are behaving like this, that is the main problem with society in general, kinda like eskom saying their is no crisis when in fact there is.

The rules have been there from the beginning, its defined in a clear and concise manner and yet when certain individuals get kicked from the group they act completely obliviously (dictionary reference for those who dont know the meaning) its just sad that the forum is becoming like this, the steamgifts thread was started to encourage activity on the forum and to create friendships (there's quite alot of mygaming users that ended up becoming real friends after winning a game from someone and adding that person to their steam friend list, and realising they have alot incommon).

There are certain individuals here that i feel just want to break down the Forum, There's a person (lets call him a person, i have a much nicer word in my head that i want to call him) thats still being a chop about an xbox 360 he didnt win almost 4 years ago on here, and whenever someone wins a competition he goes into baby mode, throwing his toys out of the cot, we are all adults and when i come to mygaming i want to relax and have fun, not be more stressed out (by individuals like that) than what i am at work.

I Pm'd Wyvern earlier on steam today to ask her to come back to the group cause I personally feel she and Eugene Contributed the most (oh and alphaJohn) to get the steamgifts group to where it is, and yet they dont get the necessary respect for what they did, just remember if it wasnt for them there wouldnt be a steamgifts Group.

some people on here really need to start removing the blinkers from their eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I've been kicked from the group.
    I guess that's the end of it...
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    /Snip
    Valid points.

The only thing that bugs me is that it finally returned to a better or "normal" thread like before the idiotic argument and then one oke brings it up again and starts it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I've been kicked from the group.
    I guess that's the end of it...
    No, if you read the posts that have been made. Be a bit more active in the other threads and you'll be re-invited. Simple enough?

Well that's before everyone quit anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

You were prolly removed for your in activity on the forum, rules are rules and i have never considered anyone leet here i actually consider most of these people my friends even Eugene that never hardly ever talks to me

Thees people you are so blatantly dissin actually started something for the people here to show their appreciation for one another as friends and a community for giving input into different kinds of matters, that involve all forms of gaming and other interests alike. Wyvz for one has helped many a people with remedies when they were sick.

Eugene kept this thread going no matter what the time of day was by updating the front page as soon as someone posted a new GA sometimes a bit slow but he doesn't just look at this thread every day and he does have a life. These are people that i have respect for and i would follow then anywhere. But because some people were a bit misguided and only posted here some people became a bit agitated and it turned into an ugly green monster. i have been here so long i can't even remember where to check if i have been removed from the grp.

If i was removed i prolly deserved to be removed. Eugene and Wyvz thanx for what you did and tried to do hope it gets fixed sometime
    (P.S People have personal issues to deal with too so no need to attack them with crap whn you haven't contributed much yourself)

Rant over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    And honestly this right here is why I wont be returning. Because I am supposedly elite . . . If you lot cant be arsed to read then I can't be arsed to look after you lot like 2 year olds.

This is my final goodbye from any involvement with this group. Good luck and hope you lot have fun giving you stuff away to people who arent contributing to the forums/ are not active outside this thread, which once again was the MAIN reason of making this group.

The rules stated 20 posts outside the forums in 2 months - no offence Monk but one post in Jan and then the last before that was in Nov last year . . . Please explain why I should give away my extra games to someone who isnt active here anymore? That is why I left the group before the drama Monk.
    Obviously I've struck a nerve.

Look I don't care about receiving gifts and I agree with the no activity no gift rule but for me the group was supposed to represent the my gaming community on steam and not just the subset of people who could receive gifts.

I'm just sad I got kicked out of the community group for the sole purpose of denying me access to something I didn't care about.

Couldn't another 'stricter' group have been made?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Haha but it does show how long ago you were on the MyGaming forums that you only realised it now.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    Obviously I've struck a nerve.

Look I don't care about receiving gifts and I agree with the no activity no gift rule but for me the group was supposed to represent the my gaming community on steam and not just the subset of people who could receive gifts.

I'm just sad I got kicked out of the community group for the sole purpose of denying me access to something I didn't care about.

Couldn't another 'stricter' group have been made?
    This is (or at least was) the stricter group. There is another group that's open for all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Yep, there's a normal MyGaming group with a lot more members. Then there's the MyGaming community group that's a group for active members of the community. These days called the elite.

I realised all that the elite does is post a couple of posts a day so it's easy to become an esteemed member of the elite.

It is a shame though about everyone that got so angry because just post a little bit and become part of the group again. It's not the end all and be all. Is that how you say it? I don't know, I'm pretty exhausted this morning.

It is also a shame that Eugene and Wyvern decided to leave. I wanted you two to stay. I know Wyvern has been going through a bad time and that she doesn't like the drama. I know Eugene doesn't like all the negativity against him. But dammit you two, it's just a group. And Eugene you have been taking care of it so well. To leave it over something so silly is well.... silly. Ha, there you have it.

Coming from the elite itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    This is (or at least was) the stricter group. There is another group that's open for all.
    I was not aware of that, my apologies. Link to the group?

And yes Sol I have been awol for quite some time.