Thread: Future of the MyGaming Community Steam group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

My last few cents on the matter:
    1) I would like to see the moderators/admins (who are acting on behalf of the community) to say what they are going to do, then to report back and say what they've done. In this case "I am going to kick..." - this was done. And then a simple "I kicked ..." - this was not done.
    2) I would like to see a warning system implemented, this could even be in the form of a temporary suspension. First offence - 1 week kick from group, second offence 2 weeks, third offence a month, fourth offence permanent.
    3) I would like the rules to be modified so that there is no more room for interpretation. Replace any parts which say "a long time" or a "reasonable amount" with exact values / times. There will always be room for interpretation but it could be better than the current wording.
    4) I would like to see a statement added that whenever there is a an ambiguous statement or something that is left open for interpretation that we should at all times think what is best for the community. In 50/50 decisions, this will hopefully mean that we choose the option that is better for the community as a whole. Same should probably go for 60/40 decisions. Let's give community members the benefit of the doubt.
    5) If we can't have a decent discussion or disagreement without swearing and personally insulting each other then we really have no community at all.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    5) If we can't have a decent discussion or disagreement without swearing and personally insulting each other then we really have no community at all.
    wow!!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

with all due respect, it was you who were the root cause of the upheavel! you surely cannot be oblivious of that fact ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Friend zone

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    wow!!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

with all due respect, it was you who were the root cause of the upheavel! you surely cannot be oblivious of that fact ?
    lol why bother dude, he did nothing wrong...he was just " defending the defenseless "

Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Seems like a few people are putting just a few too many cents into this subject.
    The way all of this was approached in the first place is what caused all of this drama, i don't belie LOTS has to change on this forum. Just a few members attitudes towards handling certain situations and how to react properly on them taking the consequences in mind that effect the whole forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Okay, this whole debate is utter madness, as it's not really a rift or divide being created, as just a lot of negativity towards a system that really is there to GIVE FREE STUFF TO COMMUNITY MEMBERS. I am not going to give my 2 cents about the arguments as I am way too pissed off to not swear and call people names. So here are my opinions on what needs to change:

1. We appoint 3/5 officers to the MyGaming SteamGift Community Group and let them enforce the rules. There should be a poll of contributing members added and the whole community votes on whom they would want to govern this responsibility
    2. We reword the rules to ensure that there is no ambiguity as to what constitutes active participation, and ensure that the rules state that it is still the Officers discretion to remove/add someone according to the rules.
    3. Should one of the officers feel a member of the group is not following the rules, he/she must consult the other officers privately via PM/Whatsapp/Carrier Pigeon to ensure that all Officers agree, other that a majority vote between them is reached. After this has been done, the transgressing member must be notified via the forums (we have tags now so they will get notified in time) of the transgression, and they can PM the Officers to either make their case. If after 7 days nothing has been heard from the user, he/she will be removed. Should they return back after 7 days and find that they had a valid reason for not being active, he/she can contact the Officers via PM and ask to be added back. the chances are that the Officers will add them in any case.
    4. If anyone from the community feel like there is shenanigans going on with the Officers, they must contact @Jan as well as the officer privately and discuss the matter further. I'm sure Jan will most definitely be able to play the role of mediator.

These are my suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I thought the two different Mygaming groups was the solution to newbie and regulars GAs?

Relegate less active members to one group and promote active members to other group.
    Since steamgifts now support GA for multiple groups, person doing the GA can include or exclude people from the two groups.

BTW, didn't @Kevin say we were starting a dance crew?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Due to the cumulating of cents I will be expressing my few rands to the matter.

1. Make a closed forum.
    2. Assign admins
    3. Have rules, but should be expressed as guidelines
    4. If its clear a member is abusing, then kick

I understand that the interwebz is very real and therefore serious to people. But come on shed a load, have a good laugh.. I have been involved in issues similar to this (caused by others and by me. Ah the good old days of WoW) and history has shown that its not worth the effort. It still flattens me at the seriousness of this thread...Leave your sense of entitlement and opinions at the door and take it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    We reword the rules to ensure that there is no ambiguity as to what constitutes active participation, and ensure that the rules state that it is still the Officers discretion to remove/add someone according to the rules.

This is all that was requested in the first place. When @Wyzak asked why @Dampi was kicked, it became clear that different people interpreted some of the rules differently. There was even three or four posts on it, but the discussion was completely derailed by people unwilling to even acknowledge the ambiguity. That's when I bailed, and I think @Eugene jumped ship around then too.
    @Wyzak wasn't doing anything wrong, he was simply asking what "a long time" actually means, and whether or not "the whole forum" include the GA thread or not. That's it. Since then, people have resorted to personal attacks and name calling and putting words in others' mouths.

Ambiguous rules means that assumptions are made, and we all know what assumptions are the mother of. Fix those points in the rules, and I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    This is all that was requested in the first place. When @Wyzak asked why @Dampi was kicked, it became clear that different people interpreted some of the rules differently. There was even three or four posts on it, but the discussion was completely derailed by people unwilling to even acknowledge the ambiguity. That's when I bailed, and I think @Eugene jumped ship around then too.
    @Wyzak wasn't doing anything wrong, he was simply asking what "a long time" actually means, and whether or not "the whole forum" include the GA thread or not. That's it. Since then, people have resorted to personal attacks and name calling and putting words in others' mouths.

Ambiguous rules means that assumptions are made, and we all know what assumptions are the mother of. Fix those points in the rules, and I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy.
    I don't see the ambiguity. The rules specifically stated 20 posts, in the last 2 months, if I recall correctly. How more specific do you want it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Save the date

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post

There is no ambiguity though. You either make 20 posts a month or you can't participate in the GAs. It's very, very simple.

Don't mistake what Wyzak is doing here either. He's not being a nice guy. He kicks over a hornet's nest and then stands back and pretends that he's just acting in everyone's best interests. I've seen him to do it time and time again. Nobody had issues with the way GA was running until Wyzak came along. Even Dampi accepted the ruling and Wyzak just kept going. I'm pretty sure him and LimpNoodle/SnowWar (he's got two accounts here) are one and the same guy. SnowWar used to give me endless crap back when I was running the NAG DayZ server and would stir up trouble wherever he goes, then pretend to be doing it in the interest of the greater good. Exact same modus operandi as Wyzak. I eventually decided to just say fuck it and abandoned the DayZ server.

Don't think Wyzak isn't laughing his ass off behind the scenes. He's a professional troll, as evidence by this ongoing forum drama which he instigated almost single-handedly.