Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MyGaming Community Steamgifts group new officer nominations

Default MyGaming Community Steamgifts group new officer nominations

Thank you for your feedback on how we should proceed with the MyGaming Community Steam group and give-aways so far.

Original suggestion thread here

Discussion thread here

To speed things along, I've decided not to create a poll on how we should proceed regarding specifics such as rules and their enforcement for the moment, but instead focus on the pressing issue of appointing new officers to administer/moderate the group.

In my opinion (and you may disagree below) the specifics around rules amendments and enforcement will flow from the new officers that are appointed. If you believe the community should vote on rules changes and enforcement specifics which the new officers must then implement, please say so (briefly) in your response below.

I'm running this like we run nominations for trustees at our body corporate AGM, as it seems analogous.

These nominations are for officers who will ensure that members of the MyGaming Community Steam group comply with the activity rules implemented for the group. Existing officers will not be "unstarred" for the moment. If you think they should be, please indicate so in your response. Remember that officers may have two functions that need not have anything to do with one another: membership, and posting Steam reviews.

Any officer not appointed through this process will not have a vote on membership issues, as we will specifically be appointing an uneven number of officers.

Existing officers may be nominated, as well as members who have already left the group such as AlphaJohn, BeoTeK, Eugene, and Wyvern.

The nominated person will have to accept their nomination (no forced voluntary service on MyGaming).

You may nominate yourself, but a second is required for you to be eligible (accepting your nomination counts as a second otherwise).

Nominate as many people as you like, but try to keep it sane. Five nominations or less seems reasonable to me.

Closing date for nominations will be 20:00 on Monday (tomorrow). Closing date for accepting nominations will be 12:00 on Tuesday. If at 18:00 on Monday you see that someone you think should be nominated hasn't been nominated yet, feel free to post a second batch of five nominations.

Depending on how many nominations there are (i.e. an even number, or over 15), I may launch a poll so the top 5-9 are appointed.

Please try and keep responses in this thread short and sweet, and use the two other threads linked above for further discussion.

An example response might be:

I nominate:
    • Jim Raynor
    • Adahn the Nameless One

I second:
    • Geralt of Rivia

I say let the new officers decide on how the rules should be amended and how best to inform people if they are below the activity threshold.

I say existing officers not nominated here or who declined nomination here may stay on to post reviews and assist in other non-membership related ways.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

The current list of officer nominees (sorted alphabetically) is as follows. Those in black have accepted their nomination. Those who have declined are indicated using strikethrough.

• [MENTION=12695]AlphaJohn[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=2399]czc[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=82]Dohc-WP[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=1487]Crzwaco[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=17]Eugene[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=3017]Glordit[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=532]Hiro[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION]
    • [MENTION=2530]Wyvern[/MENTION]

If I've missed anyone up to and including DieGrootHammer's post, drop me a PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

For the MyGaming community group. Glordit and CzechCrusader

For the Mygaming.co.za group: Prophet
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    For the Mygaming.co.za group: Prophet
    I currently have no direct control over what's happening in the MyGaming.co.za group, but will note the nomination.

I Nominate

Eugene
    Solitude
    Wyvern
    Hiro
    Alphajohn - Pending - his reason Below
    Last edited by Dohc-WP; 22-02-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: amended list

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    I Nominate
    Alphajohn
    Thanks, but I politely decline before any other nominations come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I currently have no direct control over what's happening in the MyGaming.co.za group, but will note the nomination.
    Okay you are sorted now.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

I nominate Solitude.
    When an anti-piracy method is affecting the game for people who legitimately bought it and causing other people not to buy the game, there is obviously something wrong with it!

I second:
    Eugene
    Wyvern
    Solitude
    Hiro

I nominate:
    Dohc-WP
    Crzwaco

I believe the rules should stay as they are.

I believe existing officers should stay on as they are there to curate.
    Last edited by Solitude; 22-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.

I have no new nominations.

I second:
    Eugene
    Wyvern
    Solitude
    Hiro

I say the rules should remain unchanged.

I say any current curators should stay on.