Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone 3G modem thingy

Default Vodafone 3G modem thingy

I have a Vodafone 3G modem thingy and I want to connect it to my PS3 so I can play online. Has anyone ever done this before?

Hi dude I'm sure someone here could help you but the guys with the most experience with this type of thing usually hang out at http://www.ps3za.co.za

I connected my 3g through a 3g modem and connect to xbox live like that, so yes it should work
    Rock and Roll aint noise pollution

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I have a Vodafone 3G modem thingy and I want to connect it to my PS3 so I can play online. Has anyone ever done this before?
    Let me know if you get it right...still cant get mine to work

i have been reading up on this, and apparently you can just connect a network cable from your PC/laptop to the PS3 and it should work. You might need to change one setting on the modem about lettings others connect via your modem or something. I'm going to try it this weekend, and ill let everyone know

You need to set up Internet Connection Sharing on the PC, so your PC essentially acts as a router. It's obviously not the best solution, but it works.

much easier to go and just buy a 3g router.
    Rock and Roll aint noise pollution

Quote Originally Posted by pcfourie View Post
    would that mean no PC or laptop fourie?

Quote Originally Posted by pcfourie View Post
    This. The trouble with ICS is that, if you're running a decent firewall, your NAT is going to be fixed at moderate or strict, which is going to cause issues connecting to online games.

Also the price of a decent 3G router can be pretty steep. Recently got one myself, but luckily no issues so far.