Thread: Finding housing

Default Finding housing

Hey guys,

So I was in hopital this past week for about 8 days after fucking up my leg, after I was discharged though and while getting all my meds I bumped into this woman who looked like she was crying. Anywho, to make a long story short it turns out she was discharged a month ago and the family who brought her in (She had a stroke) have told the hospital that she is not wanted and that the hospital should just do with her as it pleases. Thankfully one of the ward managers has paid for her to stay there the past month but can't continue paying much longer.

So I was meant to be moving to the States at the end of Feb but now with my broken leg I've delayed it until the end of March and I'd really like to help this woman before I leave. She's 41 and due to her stroke she struggles a little with moving and such. I dunno if there is a government agency that can help her or if there is a private charity or something, but if any of you guys know of an agency or someone who might be able to help in any capacity please send me a PM or post here in the thread.

I'm based in JHB.

Thanks guys, I don't want to make this one of those "guilt trip/sob story/send money" threads, due to my now limited mobility I am just wondering if anyone knows who I might be able to contact on her behalf.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dude View Post
    Hey guys,

So I was in hopital this past week for about 8 days after fucking up my leg, after I was discharged though and while getting all my meds I bumped into this woman who looked like she was crying. Anywho, to make a long story short it turns out she was discharged a month ago and the family who brought her in (She had a stroke) have told the hospital that she is not wanted and that the hospital should just do with her as it pleases. Thankfully one of the ward managers has paid for her to stay there the past month but can't continue paying much longer.

So I was meant to be moving to the States at the end of Feb but now with my broken leg I've delayed it until the end of March and I'd really like to help this woman before I leave. She's 41 and due to her stroke she struggles a little with moving and such. I dunno if there is a government agency that can help her or if there is a private charity or something, but if any of you guys know of an agency or someone who might be able to help in any capacity please send me a PM or post here in the thread.

I'm based in JHB.

Thanks guys, I don't want to make this one of those "guilt trip/sob story/send money" threads, due to my now limited mobility I am just wondering if anyone knows who I might be able to contact on her behalf.

702 I would try.

This whole situation is messed up, I think there is some information your not hearing, it just doesnt add up. I would watch out mate!