Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MyGaming CPT Meet 18 April 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

Default MyGaming CPT Meet 18 April 2015

Ok guys as soon as I can I will open a poll so that we can decide on Venues - give me ideas as well please!
    So far we have Banana Jam in Claremont and CBC near Paarl - both venues have awesome food, great beer and are reasonably priced. Banana Jam will ask for a deposit if we are more than 8 people tho, to book the table.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Who the hell would want to meet people from the internet!?! That would require 1: I put on pants, and 2: I stop imagining all of you with your pants off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Who the hell would want to meet people from the internet!?! That would require 1: I put on pants, and 2: I stop imagining all of you with your pants off!
    Or, you can come WITHOUT pants to the meet. Works for me...

So onto the topic: I suggest CBC because it's the regular place for meetups, it's big and the beer is awesome!!

Other suggestions: Banana Jam cafe, Speak Easy Durbanville, Thirsty Scarecrow in Stellenbosch.

Also, I am willing to go to any of the places before the date as part of a scouting party to assess the locale and ensure that the ambiance is perfect. This scouting party may even taste all some of the beer's on offer at said locale...

EDIT:

Plus, I've shaved my beard now, so I'm less scary, which should help with people actually showing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I could make it... but I'm not really THAT much into gaming..
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Thirsty Scarecrow in Stellenbosch.
    o_0. wheres that? I assume its new and replaced something that used to be there? As a "semi" old student I'd love to know where it is, just for nostalgia sake so I can go "oh the place it replaced was WAAAAAAY better!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I could make it... but I'm not really THAT much into gaming..
    I can assure you, we usually don't talk THAT much about gaming. We'll introduce you to the Winckyface game, which will show you what we REALLY talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    o_0. wheres that? I assume its new and replaced something that used to be there? As a "semi" old student I'd love to know where it is, just for nostalgia sake so I can go "oh the place it replaced was WAAAAAAY better!"
    It's at the Mooiberg Strawberry farm on the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West, just across from the Route 44 market. It is indeed a newish place. it's been open for about a year and a half now, but it's really gathered a good following and it's expanding almost constantly. It's also my home-away-from-home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I can assure you, we usually don't talk THAT much about gaming. We'll introduce you to the Winckyface game, which will show you what we REALLY talk about...

It's at the Mooiberg Strawberry farm on the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West, just across from the Route 44 market. It is indeed a newish place. it's been open for about a year and a half now, but it's really gathered a good following and it's expanding almost constantly. It's also my home-away-from-home
    Oh cool. I guess the location also hinders the rowdier student crowd from going there, since its not exactly within walking/crawling/swimming distance to res :P

...I miss Stellies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Subbing to this
    Drummer | Gamer | Audiophile | Beard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Why 18 April? I'm not in Cape Town anymore by then

4 April is a much better date for having a meet /use Jedi mind powers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Paarl and Claremont are too far for me.

I'm in the northern suburbs,Kuils River.
    Another cool place to buy games/codes >>https://www.g2a.com/r/kofdelight