Hands on with Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae

Final Fantasy gamers have been waiting years for this moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

After playing Final Fantasy XIII over the last while I don't think I'll be able to play another Final Fantasy ever again. It's just not my kind of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

"I played demo" corrections...
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I am the most jealous right now... Like... the most...

I didnt even hear about getting the Demo with the pre order of Type O... Still don't know if that would have persuaded me to get it but hey...

So in this game are you still only the one character? I was hoping to see a return to the team of 3 or 4 like FF 7,8,9... FF XIII was a real disappointment for me, please tell me XV isn't a linear game like XIII? Also how to the skills work? Do you get upgrade points? Or is there a skill tree? And no chance of a junction magic feature? One of the reasons why i love FF VIII so much...

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    After playing Final Fantasy XIII over the last while I don't think I'll be able to play another Final Fantasy ever again. It's just not my kind of thing.
    If XIII was your first crack at the series you seriously need to reconsider...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So in this game are you still only the one character? I was hoping to see a return to the team of 3 or 4 like FF 7,8,9...
    You only play as Noctis - this is how it is in the demo, and as far as I know how the rest of the game will play out. I also miss the party system from the previous games Type-0 has the opposite approach, giving you 14 characters you can play as!

FF XIII was a real disappointment for me, please tell me XV isn't a linear game like XIII?
    Square listened - the demo (and from what I understand, the whole game) is way more open. Think Dragon Age Inquisition - that's what it felt like. The quality of the side quests and such are yet to be seen, but I think it's going to be awesome.

Also how to the skills work? Do you get upgrade points? Or is there a skill tree?
    There were no skill upgrades in the demo - they were specifically scratched out "Skills cannot be developed in Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae". Skills are tied to your weapons, and weapons have 'tiers', on top of your character levels.

After battle, you gain EXP (which is boosted by your performance), and all levelling and upgrades take place when you camp. I'm not sure how skill development will take place, but I know it will happen then, and it will be tied to your new weapons. New weapons will give new skills etc etc.

And no chance of a junction magic feature? One of the reasons why i love FF VIII so much...
    Magic was also left out of the demo (apparently it isn't quite ready to show off) - but the demo did show of one summon, and it was seriously boner-inducing. I don't think it will junction-based, I think SE left that behind with FFVIII - I suspect Noctis will be able to use magic associated with whichever summon he has 'equipped', but that's just speculation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

@qornea Awesome thanks for the update! Who was the summon? Or was it that massive guy iv seen in a few videos?

I would love to see a system where your magic is associated with your summons... The most incredible thing for me in FF VIII Was how the Summons worked against each other if you had two opposite elementals on the same character... like Ifrit and Shiva (Fire and Ice) shouldn't be equipped to the same character...

From the sounds of the demo they are heading in the right direction! I cant wait for a new FF!!!

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    @qornea Awesome thanks for the update! Who was the summon? Or was it that massive guy iv seen in a few videos?
    The massive dude is Titan - apparently he was supposed to be in the demo, but he plays a big part in the story, so SE didn't want to spoil anything. The summon in Duscae is
    Spoiler: show
    Ramuh, and he's quite big as well
    if you're keen and don't mind spoilers, check out - summons are going to kick some mean ass in this game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Really bummed I'll be missing out on this demo. Just couldn't afford Type-0 and to be honest from what I've seen it doesn't really appeal to me. I've heard it's really good but I struggle to get into PSP ports.