Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebeltech

Question Rebeltech

Resolved
    Last edited by Flex; 09-06-2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Edit

1st things 1st, you're lucky. No etailers will let you collect after hours or on weekends. I assume you collected the monitor from Rune as he generally meets clients there over the weekend so they can collect parts ordered during the week. Also Alex was at the office till 17:48 so I'm not sure how you arrived at 17:30 and no one was there....

So Rune already took time out of his weekend to meet up with you so you could collect you monitor and you still feel you somehow qualify for discount or a free item...
    Last edited by The Joker; 07-06-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Don't want to take sides or anything but as some one who worked in retail for a few years...

Customers that request stores to stay open after trading hours place both themselves and the store at risk. Also sales people have lives and would like to attend to them. I lost count at the times I went home an hour later because, people where late shoppers.

On the other hand...

I can emphasise with Flex's disgust in driving to a empty store, I would be miffed too.
    However would it not have been better to arrange the pick up when you did have time? If I was going to run late on a pick up I would forgo the item until a time that is convenient for myself.

Don't blame Rebeltech when traffic screwed you. From what I've read they were accommodating. You're lucky to still get the free delivery.

That is the thing, I did not request them to stay open. i just said that I might be late. Alex OFFERED to stay late. I did not ask him to. He said he will wait for me to get there. I did not at any time ask him to stay late or keep the shop open.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    That is the thing, I did not request them to stay open. i just said that I might be late. Alex OFFERED to stay late. I did not ask him to. He said he will wait for me to get there. I did not at any time ask him to stay late or keep the shop open.
    Bud,

I just pulled the voice recording of your (started with your wife) conversation with Alex (2:04 on 2015-06-05 16:28:25) - you never stated you were going to be late firstly, secondly you never requested him to wait for you after-hours (you just said you were on your way) and at 17:42:16 on Friday, Alex locked up the office and went home. This voice recording will be available for download shortly (http://www.rebeltech.co.za/MyGaming45194.wav) . I see you tried to call at 2015-06-05 17:52:56 and again 2015-06-05 17:54:05 and 2015-06-05 17:58:06 (which the system states the Rebel Tech office hours). I can only assume this is the time you arrived to find that everyone left.

My full story will be available shortly.
    Last edited by Rebel Tech; 07-06-2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added voice-clip download.

So the story from Rebel Tech's side is as follows.

Flex did place an order on Thursday (around 3pm) - an arrangement was made for payment. The order was placed after the cut off time for next day delivery. However, Alex did arrange that the monitor was to be collected by the Rebel Tech's driver and informed Flex that monitor be ready for collection on Friday around 4pm and that Rebel Tech is not open on the weekends. Flex did ask until what time he could collect to which Alex replied 17:00 and that traffic in the fourways area turns into a nightmare around 4pm but if Flex was running late just give him a call and he can wait a little longer for him.

The monitor arrived with the driver at around 4ish and Flex called in at 16:28:25 to inform Alex that he was on his way. However, he didn't ask Alex to stay after hours or state that he was going to be late (just that he was on his way). At 17:42:16 (as per the surveillance camera system), Alex locked up and went on his way home after waiting 40min after closing (and close on an hour after speaking to Flex). Flex then called the phone system at 17:52:56, again at 17:54:05 and finally 17:58:06) which I can assume is roughly the time he arrived (I need to check the security at the office park entrance).

Last night, at 21:03, Flex sent a message to the Rebel Tech FB group stating that he would like to get hold of Alex ASAP. I informed him that Alex will be in on Monday and that Flex should drop him an email but I also offered to help if possible. Flex then informed me of the issue. I did explain what happen in the past where we have had customers that wanted to collect after hours and Alex arranged it but the customers never showed and didn't let Alex know. I also admitted that Alex should have called to confirm that Flex was still on his way. I asked how I could solve the problem by offering for him to collect the screen tomorrow (Sunday) if he wanted - else I could get my driver to drop the monitor off on Monday (free of course and saving Flex petrol). Flex opted to collect the monitor today at around 10am.

I made the required arrangements for Alex (he says about 40km from the office) to be there as I already had a prior arrangement with another customer. Alex was there at 10 and apologised profusely to Flex and offered him free delivery on his next order. Alex does not have the authority to offer discount or free items (this is at my sole discretion).

There are a few things I should point out here:
    1.) There are hardly any etailer/retails etc that will wait for their customers. Most stores have a policy that the store closes at 5 and if you aren't there then shame (The amount of times I have just arrived at PnP as they closed their doors and not been allowed in is very high - I blame my working working hours). However, if a customer makes an arrangement with us (that is reasonable) then we accommodate them (i.e. after hour collections on working days, Saturdays collection or even collection from my house). Flex didn't make these arrangements with us (just stated he was on his way) and though Alex offered to wait a little longer - Flex shouldn't have expected him to wait until close to 6pm without prior arrangements. There is a huge security risk, for Rebel Tech and the staff, leaving the office open after 5pm.

2.) I care, and so do my staff, about customer service! If we didn't, then why were arrangement offered to rectify the situation (after hours collection) to make Flex happy. Flex was offered free delivery on more than one occasion (on his current order of the monitor and his next future purchase). I do not see why Rebel Tech failed to accommodate him given all the evidence presented.

Now honestly how does this all make Rebel Tech a "crap place to buy it from"?

Awwwwwww no he didn't!
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Tech View Post

The monitor arrived with the driver at around 4ish and Flex called in at 16:28:25 to inform Alex that he was on his way. However, he didn't ask Alex to stay after hours or state that he was going to be late (just that he was on his way). At 17:42:16 (as per the surveillance camera system), Alex locked up and went on his way home after waiting 40min after closing (and close on an hour after speaking to Flex). Flex then called the phone system at 17:52:56, again at 17:54:05 and finally 17:58:06) which I can assume is roughly the time he arrived (I need to check the security at the office park entrance).
    That would make me a happy customer. As you said most places stick to their closing times with no exceptions.