Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I'm starting to see a pattern here.
    it's almost as if you're on an ignore list.

I see Rise Of The Tomb Raider is getting some really great review scores...sitting on an already impressing 87 Metacritic score. Looking at some of the video reviews is making me want the game. It's really a shame that it's launching on the same day as Fallout 4

The new Tomb Raider is bombing hard in the Uk I dont think it was a good idea launching the same day as fallout4.Such a shame if I had a xbone I would be all over it.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    The new Tomb Raider is bombing hard in the Uk I dont think it was a good idea launching the same day as fallout4.Such a shame if I had a xbone I would be all over it.
    It could be a combination of the release date and the exclusivity. Personally I think they alienated a lot of people by delaying the Playstation version to the end of next year. Any idea how it's doing in the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    It could be a combination of the release date and the exclusivity. Personally I think they alienated a lot of people by delaying the Playstation version to the end of next year. Any idea how it's doing in the rest of the world?
    Well with Halo 5 being out as well not too long before it iirc, that is taking a lot of attention away from anything else on the Xbone. Halo 5 caused it soar above PS4 in this month's analytics in the classic XB1 vs PS4 debates.

But from what I gather it is getting superb reviews and great media coverage, even fans of the franchise are commending it. So I can't see why it would be a flop, maybe just compared to sales of that of Fallout. But financially I think it's going to be a success for Square Enix.

[MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION]
    I know you said you liked F:NV - can you recommend some mods to get it functional and looking fantastic? I don't like game changing mods but would like to play it in best possible look, and also how to install any mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    [MENTION=767]Wlad[/MENTION]
    I know you said you liked F:NV - can you recommend some mods to get it functional and looking fantastic? I don't like game changing mods but would like to play it in best possible look, and also how to install any mods.
    I can't really remember all the mods I used, I usually just go to the nexus and look at the top rated files of all time. I'll quickly look there and post the ones I used...

When it comes to installing mods the easiest way is to either use FOMM (fallout mod manager) or NMM (nexus mod manager). Both work equally well and it's just a matter of preference. I mostly stick to NMM, but have used FOMM as well.

The most essential "mod" is NVSE (new vegas script extender) as almost all the other mods will require it. You can grab the latest version here: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Project Nevada is at the top of my list of recommended mods, even though it does change/add a lot of things to the game. The changes it makes to the gameplay are for the better IMO and brings the gameplay in line with excellent writing. It does make the game more challenging as well, but there's a whole bunch of new weapons and stuff included as well. If you do go for this one and you have the GOTY, make sure to get the compatibility patches for it as well.

Nevada Skies and EVE, and NMCs_Texture_Pack_For_New_Vegas are the main ones I used for visual enhancements. Nevada Skies adds wheather effects (like rain, radstorms, sandstorms, etc.) to the game and EVE has things like HD blood and fire etc. The texture pack is self explanatory.

WMX (weapon mods expanded) is great as well and basically makes it so all weapons can take up to three mods.

If you're looking for a decent, fully voiced companion I highly recommend Willow. Definitely the best companion mod for the game out there.

I also always use More Perks (adds a SHITLOAD of new perks - definitely recommended) and Perks Every Level (optional).

You can also go for the WRP (weapon retexture project) and Fallout Character Overhaul if you want to upgrade those textures as well.

You can also check out SkyttsTV on youtube . He has a crapload of videos about NV mods.

Shot, would rep if I could.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Rumour has it that the big Steam sales will be:

The Autumn sale runs November 25th 10AM PST & ends December 1st 10AM PST

The Holiday sale is December 22nd 10AM PST - Jan 4th 10AM PST.

It also seems there will be no more flash and daily deals; discounts will remain the same throughout the whole sale period, which kind of makes sense, since no-one in their right mind would still be buying games that weren't part of those deals anyway.