Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Vent & Share - Xbox one

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Okay. I really don't want to be that guy, but this has happened to one box, not to mine, or as far I we know of, to yours. Why should it make any difference in your feeling towards the platform? I honestly feel that the "icing on the cake" is completely unnecessary hate. Yeah sure there may not be games that appeals to you, and that's fine. That's why people have differences in opinion; so that we all can enjoy gaming no matter what type of games or platforms.

Sorry Eugene, I'm just getting a bit annoyed at all the, what I feel is unnecessary, hating the Xbox One gets. I'll stop now.
    I'm going to just chime in here as a relatively objective gamer: I game primarily on PC, but I love consoles for their ability to get a group of friends together in front of the same screen and then to allow those friends to beat the crap out of one another's avatars. I don't own an Xbox One or a PS4. Although, full disclosure, I went the PS3 route when I was able to get hold of one because it was R2000. For what its worth, I use an Xbox 360 controller for most of my games and I love the thing to death. I hope this information manages to convince you that I am as neutral as I can possibly be.

Now to my point. If I were to get a new console, I would almost definitely gor for PS4 over an Xbox One for the following reasons:
    - Sony has a proven track record of releasing sterling exclusives on its consoles e.g. Last of Us, Uncharted among others whereas Microsoft's exclusives do not appeal to me as much e.g. Gears of War. This trend is already looking set to continue with the release of Bloodborne, while the Xbox One has yet to release an universally lauded exclusive.
    - Although all the patches on new gen consoles have been huge, the patch sizes on Xbox One are on average larger than PS4. In this country, that is a big downer. Case in point: Ass Creed Unity's big patch to fix all their issues was around 8 GB on PS4, but was a mind-boggling 40GB on Xbox One. That could be a developer fault I guess, or it could be that Xbox One hasn't paid as much attention to the developer's needs during this console generation as Sony has, resulting in the need to patch more files.
    - The icing on the cake is Microsoft's attitude toward the consumer that was communicated at the beginning of the console generation by Don Mattrick: one stiff middle finger. I know that their policies have changed since then with the new guy, but I can't help but wonder if they are going to just change back again.

That being said, the Xbox One is cheaper than the PS4 (because of poor sales unfortunately) and if you have a 20Mb/40Mb/100Mb line, the huge patches really aren't a big deal. For me personally, I think the overall value proposition of the PS4 is better. But maybe I'm not objective enough as a PS3 owner.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    I'm going to just chime in here as a relatively objective gamer: I game primarily on PC, but I love consoles for their ability to get a group of friends together in front of the same screen and then to allow those friends to beat the crap out of one another's avatars. I don't own an Xbox One or a PS4. Although, full disclosure, I went the PS3 route when I was able to get hold of one because it was R2000. For what its worth, I use an Xbox 360 controller for most of my games and I love the thing to death. I hope this information manages to convince you that I am as neutral as I can possibly be.

Now to my point. If I were to get a new console, I would almost definitely gor for PS4 over an Xbox One for the following reasons:
    - Sony has a proven track record of releasing sterling exclusives on its consoles e.g. Last of Us, Uncharted among others whereas Microsoft's exclusives do not appeal to me as much e.g. Gears of War. This trend is already looking set to continue with the release of Bloodborne, while the Xbox One has yet to release an universally lauded exclusive.
    - Although all the patches on new gen consoles have been huge, the patch sizes on Xbox One are on average larger than PS4. In this country, that is a big downer. Case in point: Ass Creed Unity's big patch to fix all their issues was around 8 GB on PS4, but was a mind-boggling 40GB on Xbox One. That could be a developer fault I guess, or it could be that Xbox One hasn't paid as much attention to the developer's needs during this console generation as Sony has, resulting in the need to patch more files.
    - The icing on the cake is Microsoft's attitude toward the consumer that was communicated at the beginning of the console generation by Don Mattrick: one stiff middle finger. I know that their policies have changed since then with the new guy, but I can't help but wonder if they are going to just change back again.

That being said, the Xbox One is cheaper than the PS4 (because of poor sales unfortunately) and if you have a 20Mb/40Mb/100Mb line, the huge patches really aren't a big deal. For me personally, I think the overall value proposition of the PS4 is better. But maybe I'm not objective enough as a PS3 owner.
    I feel the same. I would much rather go for a PS4 over an Xbox One at this stage. It might change later, but right now I think it should be the obvious choice. You can also add the fact that games almost always render at a higher resolutions on PS4 than on Xbox One. That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I feel the same. I would much rather go for a PS4 over an Xbox One at this stage. It might change later, but right now I think it should be the obvious choice. You can also add the fact that games almost always render at a higher resolutions on PS4 than on Xbox One. That should tell you something.
    I would have mentioned that too, but the Xbox One is going to get DirectX 12 and that could very well close that gap. It may not increase the resolution from 900p to 1080p, but it will change what you can do with those pixels on the Xbox One. DirectX 12 could bring parity to the consoles on the issue of graphical fidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I never had a ps3 but was 360 fan. I really really wanted the Xbox one to be awesome and replace my 360 with it. But sadly for me it just hasn't been the case. The PS4 seems to be the way to go, and when down the line I decide to replace my 360, it will be with PS4. It's not only the game range the PS4 has, but the sales. I feel the console with the most sales will have the best online experience, specially in country like ours where the numbers aren't as high.

I'm getting an XBox One at the end of the month. The PS4 has got better exclusives, is more powerful and is more common in South Africa. However I already have quite a few games for the XBox One due to Games with Gold. Plus I already have the Solitude name on XBox Live. Hence the reason why I went the XBox One route.

The Xbox also has DLNA support, can stream directly from any Windows 7/8/8.1 machine. Something I find handy and useful.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    The Xbox also has DLNA support, can stream directly from any Windows 7/8/8.1 machine. Something I find handy and useful.
    Ya that's one thing that irks me about the PS4, the PS3 has DLNA support, and it's very handy, so why would the PS4 be released without it?

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Ya that's one thing that irks me about the PS4, the PS3 has DLNA support, and it's very handy, so why would the PS4 be released without it?
    Probably my biggest gripe with the PS4... Apparently "its coming" in an update at some stage...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Probably my biggest gripe with the PS4... Apparently "its coming" in an update at some stage...
    They been promising that for how long now?

[MENTION=6438]JudeC[/MENTION]

I had an Out-of-Box failure with my PS4 as well. Stuff break, sometimes sooner than others
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU