Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Vent & Share - Xbox one

Quote Originally Posted by JudeC View Post
    Those of you who know me, know how excited i was to finally get my Xbox one, just before Christmas (gift from my wife)

I opened it up and was promptly greeted by the green screen of death (GSOD), for 1 week i battled, talking to Microsoft consultants who couldnt help me and eventually logging it to be returned and repaired/replaced. Powercare contacted me and were very helpful organising couriers and all to get a new machine to me, but being xmas and on leave i carried on trying eventually finding a factory reboot file and an answer. woohoo, i got it working, thanks to the internet. I cancelled the couriers and held on to my now working machine.

at the beginning of march it happened again, only now there is a 10 minute wait from powering on the machine before it even sends a signal down the hdmi, and then presents GSOD. and now no fixes, not even previously tried methods. so i call Microsoft, go through all their hoops and log a ticket, then nothing. i keep phoning back and keep getting told to wait, eventually MS tell me to phone Powercare who tell me that their systems were down and that is why they never called me. then they tell me that they have no xboxes in the country and i have to wait for them to order, get shipped here and clear customs, but no clue on how long this will take.

so that's my rant, i have an R8000.00 paper weight to stare at over the long weekend, and a deep regret with not going the playstation 4 route, maybe i should just be happy that i found out before i bought a second console for my wife

back to pc gaming
    UPDATE:

So i have still not heard anything from Powercare (Xbox - service centre in SA), every time i call them i get the same response, no stock, no idea when there will be stock.

So i asked Microsoft when would tthey be sending stock to SA, after about the 5th phonecall and even more emails, i got a response to from MS's escalation department. Basically an email equivalent of "your call is important to us, please stay on the line until the next available ......"

So hello creek, where's my f$%#ing paddle.

a month now without an xbox, and counting.....

and not one tangible answer from anyone
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    [MENTION=6438]JudeC[/MENTION]

I had an Out-of-Box failure with my PS4 as well. Stuff break, sometimes sooner than others
    [MENTION=13245]blaaislaai[/MENTION]

i truly understand that sometimes stuff is just faulty, my issue is service delivery
    “Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe, you could try telling it not to bother.”

[MENTION=13245]blaaislaai[/MENTION]

i truly understand that sometimes stuff is just faulty, my issue is service delivery
    Service delivery is a western colonialist concept. We're in Africa.

UPDATE:

So i have still not heard anything from Powercare (Xbox - service centre in SA), every time i call them i get the same response, no stock, no idea when there will be stock.

So i asked Microsoft when would tthey be sending stock to SA, after about the 5th phonecall and even more emails, i got a response to from MS's escalation department. Basically an email equivalent of "your call is important to us, please stay on the line until the next available ......"

So hello creek, where's my f$%#ing paddle.

a month now without an xbox, and counting.....

and not one tangible answer from anyone
    If I were you I'd contact MyGaming ( [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] ), Lazygamer ( [MENTION=13487]Lazygamer[/MENTION] ) and IGN Africa ( [MENTION=693]Azimuth[/MENTION] ) because that is absolutely shocking. If this is the kind of service we can expect when something goes wrong with our XBoxes then the world ought to know. If any of the sites listed will write anything, I don't know. It's worth a try though. Especially since I'm getting my XBox One soon and reading this makes me very worried.

I had exactly this same experience with my Wii U when it launched in South Africa.

I'll ask Microsoft and see what they have to say about the situation.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I had exactly this same experience with my Wii U when it launched in South Africa.

Great stuff! Thanks Jan!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post

Thanks Jan, I'm really curious as to how many people are in the same boat as me, Cause Powercare have not responded to me once, even if just to say they are still waiting. Any feedback i got from them is because i called them to ask what is going on. just so frustrating.

Thanks Jan, I'm really curious as to how many people are in the same boat as me, Cause Powercare have not responded to me once, even if just to say they are still waiting. Any feedback i got from them is because i called them to ask what is going on. just so frustrating.
    Funny enough I had some luck going through Xbox South Africa Facebook page.

Update:

Just a big THANK YOU to [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] as well as Ashleigh, Ernesto and Kaylan from Microsoft

I finally got my replacement Xbox and right before the long weekend, I even celebrated by spoiling myself and getting Battlefield Hardline.

but thanks to all, i can finally go back to ignoring my family and staring soulesly at my tv screen. woohoo

Good to know bud, have fun ^_^