You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View Poll Results: Are you an introvert?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introvert represent!

25 54.35%
  • I'm an Extrovert, what is this dude talking about??

4 8.70%
  • Somewhere inbetween I guess..

17 36.96%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an introvert?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

To find out which you are, the way it was described to me, is to ask yourself: How do I recharge my batteries. Is it "go out with friends and have a jol"? Or is it "do something alone and relax by myself". With that in mind, definitely an introvert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Extrovert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckKnuckle View Post
    No, I just hate everyone.
    There's no time to discriminate...

Ja. I am definitely an introvert. I get by with social interaction, so I wouldn't say I have Asperger syndrome or anything, but I need to be alone, often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    I believe high school made me an introvert. Being gay, and not fully admitting/accepting it until my late teens, made school a bit tough. I wasn't severely bullied or anything, nor am I very flamboyant, but young boys being as they are and me not being into sports and surrounding myself more with girl friends rather than guys lead to some teasing and name calling, so I retracted into a bit of a bubble and became very nervous about drawing attention to myself and I'd say I even developed some social anxiety. I avoided most social interactions where large groups of people would be involved or if I would be put in a position where I needed to make conversation with someone I didn't know, as the fear of judgement was always in the back of my mind.

Since leaving school, accepting myself and starting work and meeting new, better people, things have gotten a lot better and people are not as scary as they once were, added to the fact that I don't really care what people think anymore. I still prefer being at home playing games than out partying or whatever, but if I'm invited to such an occasion I no longer avoid it like the plague and do enjoy social gatherings occasionally and can even be the life of the party if I feel so inclined. So yeah, I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle now, and more than happy being there.
    Good for you! Finding balance is all that matters, be happy and if someone stomps on your happiness, avoid them where you can.

I'm can't really commit to saying I'm an introvert nor an extrovert as during the day I'm a people's person dealing with quite a few people for work and always have to be the happy person that listens to problems and fixes them, but also showing interest in just about anything being said.

After work I tone way back though and can go a weekend without actually even speaking to anyone (excluding social media).

It just depends on what is happening and if I have the energy to go do more crazy things in my off time.
    I enjoy my quiet time but have to admit that parties with @DieGrootHammer and @Wyvren & Co can be a lot of fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    Ja. I am definitely an introvert. I get by with social interaction, so I wouldn't say I have Asperger syndrome or anything, but I need to be alone, often.
    Yup, I'm with you 100% on that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

IRL introvert, but online extrovert, if thats possible?

Prefer sticking to myself, VERY few people can get me to go out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Extrovert.

Though I think most people have tendencies either way.

An interesting perspective (if you believe in such things) is the 16personalities assessment - I'm an ENTP (extroversion, intuition, thinking, perception) personality type, dubbed "The Debater".

I think it's fairly accurate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by qornea View Post
    Extrovert.

An interesting perspective (if you believe in such things) is the 16personalities assessment - I'm an ENTP (extroversion, intuition, thinking, perception) personality type, dubbed "The Debater".

Yeah I've done this test a while back.. turned out to be an INTJ/ENTJ

But in the context of reclining to gaming sessions for a recharge. There's always been this negative stereotype as a gamer being socially inept, introverted, being fat, wears glasses etc etc and you can see how stupid this sounds.

How accurate do you think this claim is? When it comes to social media I keep my gaming life separate to avoid being boxed into this category. I like nerding out on forums like these with an alias however. So liberating.
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Just did that im an INFP-T

The mediator

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Yeah I've done this test a while back.. turned out to be an INTJ/ENTJ

But in the context of reclining to gaming sessions for a recharge. There's always been this negative stereotype as a gamer being socially inept, introverted, being fat, wears glasses etc etc and you can see how stupid this sounds.

How accurate do you think this claim is? When it comes to social media I keep my gaming life separate to avoid being boxed into this category. I like nerding out on forums like these with an alias however. So liberating.

I was like that in high school, then in college, i somehow learnt a IDGAF attitude, and since then i nerd out whenever the opportunity arises
    Last edited by _Caboose_; 10-04-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by qornea View Post
    Extrovert.

I've done this test before, I think I am an INTJ on that scale. I can't exactly remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    There's always been this negative stereotype as a gamer being socially inept, introverted, being fat, wears glasses etc etc and you can see how stupid this sounds.
    I fill 3.5 of those stereotypes.