You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

View Poll Results: Are you an introvert?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introvert represent!

25 54.35%
  • I'm an Extrovert, what is this dude talking about??

4 8.70%
  • Somewhere inbetween I guess..

17 36.96%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an introvert?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

I also just did that test - it seems rather accurate. I tend to be more out going online than irl, I prefer to stay at home than party. But I have my mad moments where I will fly across the country to meet some people for the first time.

Name:  personality.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  57.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

I gave that 16personalities test a try and also found it to be quite accurate:

Your personality type: “The Mediator” (INFP-A)
    Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 7%, Intuitive: 21%, Feeling: 12%, Prospecting: 43%, Assertive: 9%.
    Role: Diplomat
    Strategy: Confident Individualism
    Last edited by DarthMol; 10-04-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

That test is really accurate and is called the Myers Briggs Personality Test. It's very often used in business for psychometric testing and aptitude testing. It's very accurate.

I am a ENFJ - The Protagonist

Description:
    ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

INFJ Personality (“The Advocate”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
    INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Okay can anyone confirm? haha
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Duh, why do you think my social life is mostly forum based.
    My ignore list: n/a

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

I find it fascinating to see that there are so many Introverts on the forum. I honestly would've imagined a lot more extroverts. I wonder if this poll can be expanded to see if there is a correlation between types of games played and personality types...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

My result(s):
    Name:  Untitled77.png
Views: 27
Size:  98.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I find it fascinating to see that there are so many Introverts on the forum. I honestly would've imagined a lot more extroverts. I wonder if this poll can be expanded to see if there is a correlation between types of games played and personality types...
    I'm not surprised. One can be a lot more sociable on a forum as there is no physical interaction between people.

From what I've seen, gamers (as I'm sure most of us are) are not (commonly) the most social people around; finding it easier and more comfortable to communicate with someone over VoIP or through text.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Really? people on an internet forum are there because they found it while alone on pc's. Extraverted people usually dont have time for that, coz they're too busy spending time in the real world...so to me it totally makes sense :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I think I'm somewhere in between, probably more on the introvert side though