Thread: NetherRealm Studios never intended it, but play as Rain anyway

Default NetherRealm Studios never intended it, but play as Rain anyway

NetherRealm Studios never intended it, but play as Rain anyway

Rain is likely a DLC character. Oh well.

Oh wow, looks complicated to actually get the character :/ I think there's enough characters anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hyrule View Post
    Oh wow, looks complicated to actually get the character :/ I think there's enough characters anyway
    Rain will likely be added as DLC anyway, if you'd prefer to wait for that. I can't imagine them not.

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nFIEND View Post
    Rain will likely be added as DLC anyway, if you'd prefer to wait for that. I can't imagine them not.
    I'm pretty sure that they will. I don't have a problem with this to be honest. There has been a lot of talk about how this would be on-disc DLC or pay-gated content. I don't think that is the case at all. The characters still need further development to be included in the game (variations etc.). I'd love a few more characters to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they will. I don't have a problem with this to be honest. There has been a lot of talk about how this would be on-disc DLC or pay-gated content. I don't think that is the case at all. The characters still need further development to be included in the game (variations etc.). I'd love a few more characters to play with.
    Agreed. If this was a Capcom fighter, it would likely have 2 modes (arcade and online), 3 fighters (another 3 of which are locked on the disc as DLC) and then you'd have all the right in the world to complain. But NetherRealm Studios, with MK9 and MKX, have produced the most content-rich fighters, and by a long, long way. It's hard to get upset over an incomplete character lurking in the code.

I think I'll wait lol

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nFIEND View Post
    Agreed. If this was a Capcom fighter, it would likely have 2 modes (arcade and online), 3 fighters (another 3 of which are locked on the disc as DLC) and then you'd have all the right in the world to complain. But NetherRealm Studios, with MK9 and MKX, have produced the most content-rich fighters, and by a long, long way. It's hard to get upset over an incomplete character lurking in the code.
    Haha! Exactly. Capcom has been terrible with this sort of thing.

There really is a lot to do in the MKX too, and the character roster is extensive even when not considering the variants of each character.

I'd love Baraka, Rain, Smoke and Sindel to be included in a DLC pack, (STORY SPOILER TO FOLLOW)
    Spoiler: show
    I just can't believe what D'vorrah did to Baraka in the story! He's DEAD according to MK canon now. And not just a little bit dead, like Jax and Subbie, his brain and heart were forcefully removed from his face and chest, respectively.