Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your online Nic?

Default Where did you get your online Nic?

I am not sure if there is already a thread like this that might be very old.
    But I find it extremely interested to see how people got their online nics.

Some people just like the way a word looks or sounds and other people will choose a word due to its meaning or connotations.

I got my Nic from a Shampoo Bottle when I was still in school. Flex . Used it ever since then when gaming, and especially online.
    No meaning to it or anything, I needed a nic and looked around the whole day at things... plants, cups, deodorant, cars and magazines. And did not like anything I saw. Till i washed my hair with FLEX.

Back then i was the smallest kid in the whole school. A school breeding children to play Rugby. And surprisingly enough I actually grew into my Nic, becoming a bodybuilder after school!

What is your story? =D

bwahaha.... I was actually thinking of asking this same very question the other day.

Anywho, mine stems back to Unreal Tournament 99 days. Just kinda came up with it while playing and thinking of the game. Something along the lines of the Bio-Rifle and Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    bwahaha.... I was actually thinking of asking this same very question the other day.

Anywho, mine stems back to Unreal Tournament 99 days. Just kinda came up with it while playing and thinking of the game. Something along the lines of the Bio-Rifle and Technology.
    Hahahaha! =D some people get their names from the strangest things. Helped a friend get into gaming a few years back. And we needed a Nic for him... looked around the room for stuff.... saw a Plug... Plug doesnt sound good though... an Adapter was plugged into the plug though... Adaptor sounds cool though! And Adaptor was born! =D

I'm a huge Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds fan, and I always liked the song of theirs called Stagger Lee from the Murder Ballads album. I later read that the song is based on a true story and a bit of folklore. It's based on bad-ass black guy by the name of "Stag" Lee Shelton that shot some guy in a bar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagger_Lee). I can't really say that the Nick really fits because I'm not bad-ass and I'm not black. I love the name and the song though, so the I use the nick for all my online games.

I got my nic from a drunken night on the town. I'm not really all that clear on the details, but a buddy of mine was being threatened by this really drunk guy, and apparently I kept on yelling at him that I'll hit him like a hammer, die GROOT hammer. And so the next morning that's what I was called, and I like the name, and it's quite unique, so I kept it for my online escapades. Before DieGrooHammer I always used Tabernakel as a nic for online/gaming stuff. I got that by slacking off in Programming classes at University, in where I was writing an erotic novel of our friend group in class. People laughed, I got kicked out of class....fun times.

Originally, I just wanted the most random nickname every on mybroadband.. like blaarslaai, but then made a typo on registration. So decided to keep it there.

My forum(s) nick and online gaming nicks are different as I dont want anybody referencing posts of mine in an online game
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Dohc = Dual/Double overhead cam - every car i have owned had a dohc engine

WP = Western Province

cant be more simplified than that

i think we've had a thread like this before

Hagan = My name (given at birth)
    8shVee = My initals, pronounced. (self-decided/chosen)

haha there has been a few over the last pass years
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Wlad is an Afrikaans acronym for "waardeur lewe, aanvaar dood" which I worked out when my father passed away 10 years ago. I also use an English version sometimes as Vlad: value life, accept death.

Myrdlok is something I came up with when I got tired of alwaya having to add ZA or random numbers after Wlad everytime I made a new profile/account somewhere. It's a modified combination of the names of two creatures from the Wheel of Time books: Myrddraal and Trolloc (spelling).

Before those I used SadAct which my brother and his friends started calling me after they saw the Kevin and Perry Go Large movie. They still call me that to this day.
    Last edited by Wlad; 28-04-2015 at 01:22 PM.