Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: DiRT Rally

  1. #81
    Thread Killer Murph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    20,136

    Default

    Also got it recently. Awesome game but geezuz it can get frustrating at times.

    You need to remind yourself that it isn't Dirt 3.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  2. #82

    Default

    The day is drawing nearer and this title is looking so promising.



  3. #83
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    this looks stupid good. Pretty clever for them to go early access at a really good price.
    more people will buy it and well.....community beta test without the drama and complaints of day 1 patches etc.

    I have utmost confidence in this beause it's Codemasters.

  4. #84

    Default

    Maybe someone clever can explain ( [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] )


    Dirt 4 PS4 = R1069
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...RT4E0000000100

    Dirt 4 XB1 = R599
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...k/bxg4vj9pmv36

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Maybe someone clever can explain ( [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] )


    Dirt 4 PS4 = R1069
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...RT4E0000000100

    Dirt 4 XB1 = R599
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...k/bxg4vj9pmv36
    I can! It's happening to a lot of new games now for some unknown reason.

    I bought Outlast 2 on release day for half the price than what it was on the PS4. It was cheaper than the Steam version too by quite a bit.

    *edit*

    Prices on release for Outlast 2:

    Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414700/Outlast_2/ (R319)
    XBox One: https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...2/bzvpnm21tcjc (Only R250!)
    Playstation 4: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...TLAST200000000 (R469)
    Last edited by Solitude; 07-06-2017 at 02:53 PM.

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I can! It's happening to a lot of new games now for some unknown reason.

    I bought Outlast 2 on release day for half the price than what it was on the PS4. It was cheaper than the Steam version too by quite a bit.

    *edit*

    Prices on release for Outlast 2:

    Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414700/Outlast_2/ (R319)
    XBox One: https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...2/bzvpnm21tcjc (Only R250!)
    Playstation 4: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...TLAST200000000 (R469)
    Okay, I can get with slight differences in prices over different platforms or mediums. But seriously, this is almost half the price.

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Maybe someone clever can explain ( [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] )

    Dirt 4 PS4 = R1069
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...RT4E0000000100

    Dirt 4 XB1 = R599
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...k/bxg4vj9pmv36
    That's mad. Digital PS4 in SA is significantly more than in the US PSN Store @ $59.99 (R770) and also a lot more even than physical PS4 (R799 on special at Raru). Someone's getting screwed here, and it's not Sony SA/PS/Codemasters. It's you Beo!

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    That's mad. Digital PS4 in SA is significantly more than in the US PSN Store @ $59.99 (R770) and also a lot more even than physical PS4 (R799 on special at Raru). Someone's getting screwed here, and it's not Sony SA/PS/Codemasters. It's you Beo!
    Yeah I can't help to get that feeling too. As I really love Dirt Rally I think I'm sold on Dirt 4. Just deciding which platform to get it on. Would like to get it on PS4 due to the benefits of the Pro and I have that setup in the lounge, the Xbox One though is on a smaller setup (screen and sound).

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Yeah I can't help to get that feeling too. As I really love Dirt Rally I think I'm sold on Dirt 4. Just deciding which platform to get it on. Would like to get it on PS4 due to the benefits of the Pro and I have that setup in the lounge, the Xbox One though is on a smaller setup (screen and sound).
    Tough call, especially if it's a game you'll be playing a lot and spending a good amount of time on - which is probably true in your case. You'd obviously want it on your better setup.

    Why don't you just setup the XB1 in your lounge as well - swapping a HDMI cable every now and then is a heck of a lot cheaper than paying that inflated price.

    “You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~


  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Maybe someone clever can explain ( [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] )


    Dirt 4 PS4 = R1069
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...RT4E0000000100

    Dirt 4 XB1 = R599
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/stor...k/bxg4vj9pmv36
    Seeing as this is not the only game to be prices this way, and that there are a fair few games that are prices out of proposition digitally in South Africa, the only reason can be the local licensing fee for Sony is all kinds of whack. I'm pretty sure there is a price discussed with local sources to bring the games and serve them in South Africa, which obviously will have a fee associated with it. I would assume then that Sony has made a particular deal with distributors or something that causes the high price comparative to other platforms. Microsoft is probably cutting as many costs and overheads as possible to try and stay competitive with others, which is why their prices are much more consumer friendly.

    On Dirt 4, I was never all that extremely enthusiastic about the series. But, after reading ans seeing a bunch of reviews of the game, I am seriously considering getting it before going to Aus. Gives me something to do in my spare time.

Similar Threads

  1. Malema EFF rally
    By James in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-07-2013, 02:16 PM
  2. New Rally Game Teased by Codemasters
    By Dohc-WP in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-06-2013, 07:56 PM
  3. Death Rally on PC reviewed
    By Jeremy in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 02:14 PM
  4. Sega Rally Online Arcade
    By pantsula in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-05-2011, 01:20 PM
  5. Death Rally!
    By Sou1Co11ector in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •