Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The nVida GTS250 ripoff.

strange how people struggled with their ATI 4870's. from my experience (my 2900xt) and my friends (3 of them all got a 4870) it worked, how do you say, out of the box?

you plug it in, you install the drivers, you play games.

this setback for nVidia is just another bump in a long road of bumps they have been having in the last year and a half, what with all their failing GPU's and overpriced hardware (which was hastily repriced after ATI launched the 4xxx series)

Quote Originally Posted by eyesuc View Post
    strange how people struggled with their ATI 4870's. from my experience (my 2900xt) and my friends (3 of them all got a 4870) it worked, how do you say, out of the box?

you plug it in, you install the drivers, you play games.

this setback for nVidia is just another bump in a long road of bumps they have been having in the last year and a half, what with all their failing GPU's and overpriced hardware (which was hastily repriced after ATI launched the 4xxx series)
    not all the games just work; some you have to jump though hoops to play...heh, but as i said its a awesome piece of hardware just need more work on the driver side thats all. compared to nv in my other pc it has more issues overall though- not like the nv's fan did not work properly as with the initial released with the 4850's
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    not all the games just work; some you have to jump though hoops to play...heh, but as i said its a awesome piece of hardware just need more work on the driver side thats all. compared to nv in my other pc it has more issues overall though- not like the nv's fan did not work properly as with the initial released with the 4850's
    ahhh wait, i remember having issues with Lost Planet 1. had to download a "hotfix" to get it going. apart from that though (the hotfixes) i haven't had much issues with either nvidia or ATI.

I agree same card different name, bad tactics but that is business for you. Educate yourself before you buy!