You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Level 7 Wireless Internet

  1. #11
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Yeah I actually use these guys for my main Internet connection at home (Centurion), mostly thanks to Valken's post on MyBroadband.

    (And before accusations of untoward behaviour start flying, I pay with my own money for a custom 6Mbps download, 3Mbps upload connection).

    I can't comment on Torrents, but I have experienced lag spikes while playing Diablo 3 sometimes. On a few occasions the lag was so bad the game was unplayable.

    The first time I reported the problem my whole connection was underperforming. Initially there was a frustrating exchange where they wanted me to provide the server IP (which I did anyway), despite the fact that my whole connection was running slowly. After a brief (but crucially: respectful) back-and-forth, they started investigating and seemed to resolve the problem.

    There have been bad lag spikes since then, and I've kept informing them of the problems, and they've kept investigating and tweaking to resolve the issue.

    We'll see if it becomes frustrating enough that I move back to ADSL.

    I'm mostly happy with the service, and I'm very happy with the support I receive. Never had a billing issue. How do you guys report problems? I e-mail [email protected].
    Hi @Jan ! Same here, bad lag spiked while playing CSGO. Yup I do email them and phone support as well. Also contemplating moving to adsl
    0
     

  2. #12
    Bodhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    My only problem is that it was never like this at all. And when it is I I report it, I usually get met with cocky/condescending emails. Their services were excellent about a year ago. but just seems to be degrading
    Oh damn sorry, I totally misread your original post, I thought you were considering going to level 7 because you're getting packet loss with your current isp.... Yeah I have to say the same for Bitco, in the beginning their service and my connection was nothing short of remarkable, now a year later the quality of their connection has degraded very badly and their support/service is non existent, complaints get handled with generic replies(Because I suppose they're overflowing in complaints)

    Imo these companies should not be advertising their products for gaming, its fine for everything else though
    Last edited by Bodhi; 25-05-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    0
     

  3. #13
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Oh damn sorry, I totally misread your original post, I thought you were considering going to level 7 because you're getting packet loss with your current isp.... Yeah I have to say the same for Bitco, in the beginning their service and my connection was nothing short of remarkable, now a year later the quality of their connection has degraded very badly and their support/service is non existent, complaints get handled with generic replies(Because I suppose they're overflowing in complaints)

    Imo these companies should not be advertising their products for gaming, its fine for everything else though

    Unfortunately I use 95% of my internet for gaming. The KNOW and KNEW this. But I do agree with you! Too many issues
    0
     

  4. #14
    ArchieChoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Yeah I actually use these guys for my main Internet connection at home (Centurion), mostly thanks to Valken's post on MyBroadband.

    (And before accusations of untoward behaviour start flying, I pay with my own money for a custom 6Mbps download, 3Mbps upload connection).

    I can't comment on Torrents, but I have experienced lag spikes while playing Diablo 3 sometimes. On a few occasions the lag was so bad the game was unplayable.

    The first time I reported the problem my whole connection was underperforming. Initially there was a frustrating exchange where they wanted me to provide the server IP (which I did anyway), despite the fact that my whole connection was running slowly. After a brief (but crucially: respectful) back-and-forth, they started investigating and seemed to resolve the problem.

    There have been bad lag spikes since then, and I've kept informing them of the problems, and they've kept investigating and tweaking to resolve the issue.

    We'll see if it becomes frustrating enough that I move back to ADSL.

    I'm mostly happy with the service, and I'm very happy with the support I receive. Never had a billing issue. How do you guys report problems? I e-mail [email protected].
    I first started reporting it on their site (which I found goes into a black whole, no one responded to it), the first issue was billing.
    Initially I filled out the form with all my correct banking details and provided which date to do it. First payment day came and it didn't go off, so I contacted them they said they would process. They processed. Next month came, same issue they didn't deduct. So I contacted them again and told them do not deduct ill transfer.

    Then an issue of the provided hardware was giving heavy wireless issue's, soon as I plugged out the Arial , my wireless connection didn't drop ever. Soon as I plugged it in it would drop randomly. I complained to them, advised them I want a replacement. They refused and basically asked if they can try fix it. They changed channels, it made a difference for one day and then started again. Reported same issues. Eventually gave up and bought a router and not having any issues what so ever pulling wifi off new router.

    Then the packet loss issue started coming through. I used to play CS:GO without a hitch. Now I don't even go near it, the packet loss is extreme and if I have to report every night there is an issue and I get a response throttling then I'm done helping you better your network. Jumping ship soon as possible.
    copy of mail from their network engi:-

    On 9 April 2015 at 12:44, Mario wrote:
    Hi XXXX, please note that all p2p is shaped on our shaped packages which could be the reason for packetloss. Please test it again now I have added you temporarily to our unshaped queue.


    Most of this has been done through Christian.

    Listen I cant complain about them, I mean telkom is far worse than these guys. But I realize that WISP will never be for gaming.
    Last edited by ArchieChoke; 26-05-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    0
     

  5. #15
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Level-7 came to my house apparently yesterday to align the satellite. They were scheduled to come at 17:00. My wife made sure she would be there at 17:00, and they had her contact details. She told me that they never came by though.

    Emailed level-7 and asked them what happened. Apparently they were there at 16:15. The Complex gate was open, so they just went in. Went into my gated yard and apparently did their maintenance without anyone seeing and and signing off.

    They did not phone myself or my wife notifying us they are there and came a bit earlier.

    Mailed them and told them it is unacceptable. Received a reply as follows:

    HI Michael,

    Sorry.

    Regards,
    0
     

  6. #16
    Bodhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Level-7 came to my house apparently yesterday to align the satellite. They were scheduled to come at 17:00. My wife made sure she would be there at 17:00, and they had her contact details. She told me that they never came by though.

    Emailed level-7 and asked them what happened. Apparently they were there at 16:15. The Complex gate was open, so they just went in. Went into my gated yard and apparently did their maintenance without anyone seeing and and signing off.

    They did not phone myself or my wife notifying us they are there and came a bit earlier.

    Mailed them and told them it is unacceptable. Received a reply as follows:

    HI Michael,

    Sorry.

    Regards,
    Lol!!! Did the "maintenance" at least fix your problem?
    0
     

  7. #17
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Lol!!! Did the "maintenance" at least fix your problem?
    Have not had a chance to check yet
    0
     

  8. #18
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    I first started reporting it on their site (which I found goes into a black whole, no one responded to it), the first issue was billing.
    Initially I filled out the form with all my correct banking details and provided which date to do it. First payment day came and it didn't go off, so I contacted them they said they would process. They processed. Next month came, same issue they didn't deduct. So I contacted them again and told them do not deduct ill transfer.

    Then an issue of the provided hardware was giving heavy wireless issue's, soon as I plugged out the Arial , my wireless connection didn't drop ever. Soon as I plugged it in it would drop randomly. I complained to them, advised them I want a replacement. They refused and basically asked if they can try fix it. They changed channels, it made a difference for one day and then started again. Reported same issues. Eventually gave up and bought a router and not having any issues what so ever pulling wifi off new router.

    Then the packet loss issue started coming through. I used to play CS:GO without a hitch. Now I don't even go near it, the packet loss is extreme and if I have to report every night there is an issue and I get a response throttling then I'm done helping you better your network. Jumping ship soon as possible.
    copy of mail from their network engi:-

    On 9 April 2015 at 12:44, Mario wrote:
    Hi XXXX, please note that all p2p is shaped on our shaped packages which could be the reason for packetloss. Please test it again now I have added you temporarily to our unshaped queue.


    Most of this has been done through Christian.

    Listen I cant complain about them, I mean telkom is far worse than these guys. But I realize that WISP will never be for gaming.
    Yeah i agree 100%. Don't think wireless is the best for gaming. BUT in the beginning it was perfect. no issues at all. And it is just getting worse and worse. From their service the provide to the support even.
    0
     

  9. #19
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    I first started reporting it on their site (which I found goes into a black whole, no one responded to it), the first issue was billing.
    Initially I filled out the form with all my correct banking details and provided which date to do it. First payment day came and it didn't go off, so I contacted them they said they would process. They processed. Next month came, same issue they didn't deduct. So I contacted them again and told them do not deduct ill transfer.

    Then an issue of the provided hardware was giving heavy wireless issue's, soon as I plugged out the Arial , my wireless connection didn't drop ever. Soon as I plugged it in it would drop randomly. I complained to them, advised them I want a replacement. They refused and basically asked if they can try fix it. They changed channels, it made a difference for one day and then started again. Reported same issues. Eventually gave up and bought a router and not having any issues what so ever pulling wifi off new router.

    Then the packet loss issue started coming through. I used to play CS:GO without a hitch. Now I don't even go near it, the packet loss is extreme and if I have to report every night there is an issue and I get a response throttling then I'm done helping you better your network. Jumping ship soon as possible.
    copy of mail from their network engi:-

    On 9 April 2015 at 12:44, Mario wrote:
    Hi XXXX, please note that all p2p is shaped on our shaped packages which could be the reason for packetloss. Please test it again now I have added you temporarily to our unshaped queue.


    Most of this has been done through Christian.

    Listen I cant complain about them, I mean telkom is far worse than these guys. But I realize that WISP will never be for gaming.
    Hi bud, I jsut want to find out do you have any problem streaming games on twitch and Hitbox?
    0
     

  10. #20
    ArchieChoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Hi bud, I jsut want to find out do you have any problem streaming games on twitch and Hitbox?
    Yeah i did.whem i went for their 10 down and 2 up it sorted it. The 4 down 1 up only allowed me to stream at 360p, anything above would cause stream to halt.i know some dude spoke to them and came with an agreement that he could get 4 down and 4 up and he streams at 720 without issues.
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. Good stuff on the horizon for wireless internet gamers
    By Neo in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 01:21 AM
  2. Wireless Internet question
    By symbolofmylife in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-06-2011, 10:34 AM
  3. MS wireless desktop + Trendnet wireless G usb adaptor
    By Viking in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Wireless internet and gaming (3G/HSDPA+)
    By CrazYmonkeY in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •