Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Level 7 Wireless Internet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409

    Angry Level 7 Wireless Internet

    Does any1 in Centurion or parts of Pretoria east use the services of Level-7 ?
    I used to be so happy with my 4meg uncapped unshaped internet, till about a month ago.

    I was always able to get hold of them if there were any troubles(which there were non of in the beginning but loads of recently) but lately I cant get hold of them.

    I get 30%+ loss on certain servers and cant understand why, when my neighbors on adsl on the same server have perfect ping and no loss.

    My torrents are also shaped all of the sudden without any notice. During the day if I get 5mb/s Torrent download speed ill be happy.

    Any1 else have experience with them?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Does any1 in Centurion or parts of Pretoria east use the services of Level-7 ?
    I used to be so happy with my 4meg uncapped unshaped internet, till about a month ago.

    I was always able to get hold of them if there were any troubles(which there were non of in the beginning but loads of recently) but lately I cant get hold of them.

    I get 30%+ loss on certain servers and cant understand why, when my neighbors on adsl on the same server have perfect ping and no loss.

    My torrents are also shaped all of the sudden without any notice. During the day if I get 5mb/s Torrent download speed ill be happy.

    Any1 else have experience with them?

    I am with them. on the 4meg shapped. In the same boat as you.
    A while back I kept on experiencing packet loss, submitted a ticket, got a response, what was I doing.
    Told them I play dota and some of the other games use P2P and I also watch youtube.
    Immediately I got the sh*t response, throttling. To which their solution was put me unshapped, I tested unshapped, still got packet loss, told them it didn't make any difference. Got no response from them so I gave up. Any ISP who responds to packet loss with a come back Throttling, I wanna change immediately. So good luck.

    They are better than Iburst that much I can say, but they like any other ISP. Nothing special, their salesman are great though.
    If I were you, bite the inevitable, speak to telkom, I found out we are in a VDSL area. I'll re-purpose the equipment for WEG once telkom makes a plan. But at the moment I really am having a bad experience with level-7.

    If you wanna really get involved then you can try directly:-
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...=#post14885794
    Last edited by ArchieChoke; 25-05-2015 at 09:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    I am with them. on the 4meg shapped. In the same boat as you.
    A while back I kept on experiencing packet loss, submitted a ticket, got a response, what was I doing.
    Told them I play dota and some of the other games use P2P and I also watch youtube.
    Immediately I got the sh*t response, throttling. To which their solution was put me unshapped, I tested unshapped, still got packet loss, told them it didn't make any difference. Got no response from them so I gave up. Any ISP who responds to packet loss with a come back Throttling, I wanna change immediately. So good luck.

    They are better than Iburst that much I can say, but they like any other ISP. Nothing special, their salesman are great though.
    If I were you, bite the inevitable, speak to telkom, I found out we are in a VDSL area. I'll re-purpose the equipment for WEG once telkom makes a plan. But at the moment I really am having a bad experience with level-7.

    If you wanna really get involved then you can try directly:-
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...=#post14885794
    Thank you so much for responding! Glad to see that it is not only myself

  4. #4

    Default

    If its packet loss you're trying to get away from I would stay away from a WISP, I'm with Bitco and experiencing a lot of interference on my connection (the interference will create packet loss) I've read both level 7 and bitco's threads over at mybroadband, and interference on wireless connection seems to be the norm and to be expected sadly

  5. #5
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    My only problem is that it was never like this at all. And when it is I I report it, I usually get met with cocky/condescending emails. Their services were excellent about a year ago. but just seems to be degrading

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    My only problem is that it was never like this at all. And when it is I I report it, I usually get met with cocky/condescending emails. Their services were excellent about a year ago. but just seems to be degrading
    Can totally agree with you on this one. I have only been with them +/-6 months, literally saw it unfolding. From account payment issues, to packet loss, to not even caring.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    Can totally agree with you on this one. I have only been with them +/-6 months, literally saw it unfolding. From account payment issues, to packet loss, to not even caring.
    Another WISP's light fades...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    My only problem is that it was never like this at all. And when it is I I report it, I usually get met with cocky/condescending emails. Their services were excellent about a year ago. but just seems to be degrading
    Oh damn sorry, I totally misread your original post, I thought you were considering going to level 7 because you're getting packet loss with your current isp.... Yeah I have to say the same for Bitco, in the beginning their service and my connection was nothing short of remarkable, now a year later the quality of their connection has degraded very badly and their support/service is non existent, complaints get handled with generic replies(Because I suppose they're overflowing in complaints)

    Imo these companies should not be advertising their products for gaming, its fine for everything else though
    Last edited by Bodhi; 25-05-2015 at 02:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Oh damn sorry, I totally misread your original post, I thought you were considering going to level 7 because you're getting packet loss with your current isp.... Yeah I have to say the same for Bitco, in the beginning their service and my connection was nothing short of remarkable, now a year later the quality of their connection has degraded very badly and their support/service is non existent, complaints get handled with generic replies(Because I suppose they're overflowing in complaints)

    Imo these companies should not be advertising their products for gaming, its fine for everything else though

    Unfortunately I use 95% of my internet for gaming. The KNOW and KNEW this. But I do agree with you! Too many issues

  10. #10

    Default

    Werent they on the kyknet `n while back? Think s video was posted here somewhere...

Similar Threads

  1. Good stuff on the horizon for wireless internet gamers
    By Neo in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-08-2011, 01:21 AM
  2. Wireless Internet question
    By symbolofmylife in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-06-2011, 10:34 AM
  3. MS wireless desktop + Trendnet wireless G usb adaptor
    By Viking in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
  4. Wireless internet and gaming (3G/HSDPA+)
    By CrazYmonkeY in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •