Thread: Xbox Boss Denies Microsoft Purchase of Silent Hills for Xbox One

Default Xbox Boss Denies Microsoft Purchase of Silent Hills for Xbox One

Just a day after reports surfaced Microsoft was in talks to purchase exclusive rights to Silent Hills, the Xbox boss has apparently put the rumors to rest.

“Sorry, this isn’t true,” Head of Xbox Phil Spencer said in response to a Twitter user. “Not sure where the rumor started but I don’t want to mislead anyone.”

Yesterday, an anonymous claimed Microsoft was in talks to purchase the rights to Silent Hills for “billions” of dollars by this year’s E3 and the game was 80% complete, with a release date of March 2016 for Xbox One.

Film maker Guillermo Del Toro, who was collaborating with Hideo Kojima on Silent Hills, lamented on what the game could have been.

Konami pulled PT from the PlayStation Store after Silent Hills was officially canceled by Konami last month and PS4 users are no longer able to download the PT demo.

Source IGN

Ah man, was hoping this was true. So sad we won't be getting Silent Hills......

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    Ah man, was hoping this was true. So sad we won't be getting Silent Hills......
    Even if this was true I somehow doubt the game Microsoft would've made could've lived up to the expectations we had with Kojima and Del Toro involved.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Even if this was true I somehow doubt the game Microsoft would've made could've lived up to the expectations we had with Kojima and Del Toro involved.
    I would have expected M$ to get hold of both of them had this actually have been true. Especially since they've been parading Kojima around at expo's for the last couple of years.