Thread: Features the Xbox One is in dire need of

Default Features the Xbox One is in dire need of

Features the Xbox One is in dire need of

If it's to compete locally at least.

I've been using my Xbox One quite extensively since the very first launch day in SA, and although some of the points makes sense, I have a few comments of my own:

Better Dashboard Statement
    I cannot agree with Marco on this one at all. I find the dashboard a pleasure to work with, and I'm able to quickly and effectively switch between a series I've been watching, to Youtube, then back to a game, and send an online friend a message, all with ease. I might be that I've just grown accustomed to the layout and functionality of the dashboard.

Kinect Improvements
    I got an Xbox One without the Kinect, so I'll be unable to comment on this. What I do find interesting is that all the features and functionality of the Xbox is open and doable without the Kinect, and so far I've not been given any reason why I would want the Kinect at all.

Local entertainment support
    This one I totally agree with the author. Though I've not yet tried using an Explora DSTV decoder with the Xbox, as I'm still trying to get my Explora working, there is a distinct lack of other entertainment value the console gives, other than DLNA and Youtube streaming. I honestly think Microsoft South Africa should look into getting MUCH more functions working for us.

Offline Achievements
    To date, I think my Xbox has been offline for about 2 days since I got it. While I do realize that I may be in the minority of users that has had fortunate luck in terms of Internet, I've never felt that online connectivity is hampering my experience.

Windows 10
    i honestly hope that the Windows 10 update brings with it some awesome cross-functionality with the Xbox, and I hope to see some great features being added when it is pushed to the console. I just hope that the update happens at the same time as the local Windows 10 release.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post

I honestly think Microsoft South Africa should look into getting MUCH more functions working for us.
    I think this has more to do with the film and publication board. I really think they need to change their policies and set a default rating of R18 for entertainment products that haven't been rated yet. That way we would at least be allowed access to everything as an Adult. If someone wants to get a lower rating for their game/movie/series, then they can go through the FPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
    I think this has more to do with the film and publication board. I really think they need to change their policies and set a default rating of R18 for entertainment products that haven't been rated yet. That way we would at least be allowed access to everything as an Adult. If someone wants to get a lower rating for their game/movie/series, then they can go through the FPB.
    Urgh...that cesspool of an institution is the reason why we cannot enjoy all the content on the Xbox?? Why am I not surprised.