Page 441 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 12017

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XII

  1. #4401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    I'll roll my eyes and ...

    PHP Code:
    <?php echo '<p>Javascript is lame</p>'?>
    Sarcasm, surely? Most people haven't used JavaScript further than validating a couple of input fields when a form submits. I'm not talking about that. Ever used node.js to build your own light-weight web host? Ever built a fully extensible UI framework incorporating the best bits of HTML5 and CSS3 so that non-UX developers can build fantastic looking systems? JavaScript enables all that and it is an absolute pleasure to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by InSanity View Post
    you cant really compare all those though they are different animals that just happen to work together
    Who said I'm comparing them? I'm just saying it's the best part of my day. I've been doing full-stack development for the past 10 years, I guess I ought to know that they are quite different beasts... I consider myself a jack (and master) of all those trades - when I decide to learn a new language or technology I won't stop until I master it.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  2. #4402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Sarcasm, surely? Most people haven't used JavaScript further than validating a couple of input fields when a form submits. I'm not talking about that. Ever used node.js to build your own light-weight web host? Ever built a fully extensible UI framework incorporating the best bits of HTML5 and CSS3 so that non-UX developers can build fantastic looking systems? JavaScript enables all that and it is an absolute pleasure to use.
    See now that is the answer I like...most people don't even know of node.js or have even used <script src="https://apis.google.com/js/client.js?onload=init"></script> ? The people who know are awesome, those who praise JS without that knowledge tend to just be making noise :-)

  3. #4403
    There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    11,006

    Default

    What a shitty day. You know a day is going to be great when it starts with someone driving into your car. And just to put a cherry on the cake, CNA utterly failed to impress me with my first order from them. Oh well. Could have been worse I guess.

  4. #4404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    What a shitty day. You know a day is going to be great when it starts with someone driving into your car. And just to put a cherry on the cake, CNA utterly failed to impress me with my first order from them. Oh well. Could have been worse I guess.
    Hopefully the damage wasnt too bad? Here are some cute animals and chocolateName:  7030094-cute-animals.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  617.3 KBName:  45152-chocolate-love-it.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  40.4 KB

  5. #4405

    Default

    Anyone know where I can get a Windows 7 Home Premium cd so I can reinstall my clients corrupted windows as I can't seem to find it online on microsoft.com.

    Ichigo Ftw

  6. #4406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    See now that is the answer I like...most people don't even know of node.js or have even used <script src="https://apis.google.com/js/client.js?onload=init"></script> ? The people who know are awesome, those who praise JS without that knowledge tend to just be making noise :-)
    I only praise things I have extensive experience in and know for a fact is awesome. That's why I shy away from mocking your PHP echo - partly because I know its useless and mostly because I have little experience in it (due to my former reason, most likely).
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  7. #4407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    I only praise things I have extensive experience in and know for a fact is awesome. That's why I shy away from mocking your PHP echo - partly because I know its useless and mostly because I have little experience in it (due to my former reason, most likely).
    Most of the "development" i do tend to be very *NIX entrenched, primarily it's Perl, PHP a little Ruby, some LUA and for the most part it will be to assist me in doing what I do. I use the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) quite extensively for creating monitoring dashboards by interrogating common protocols and APIs. For my networking team I have a dashboard that shows all throughput of all major (read important) network links, from there they can view historical data, see the switch overviews (graphical representation of the switch), connect to the management of the switch or pass certain basic scriptable commands to the devices from various screens. For the applications I did a type of pipeline view so the application owners can see their product and related components end-to-end and have the ability to drill down.

    Mostly boring stuff, but I love this almost DevOps / Infrastructure Architect role I hold.

  8. #4408

    Default

    To much information for my brain...

  9. #4409

    Default

    Can anyone find the what are you reading thread?

  10. #4410
    There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    11,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    Can anyone find the what are you reading thread?
    Yes, anyone can.

Similar Threads

  1. Threadkiller Mk XI
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12396
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •