Page 987 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 487 887 937 977 985 986 987 988 989 997 1037 1087 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,870 of 12017

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XII

[MENTION=3223]Ichigo[/MENTION] I'm buying a pc through Carbonite and I hear you will be doing the shipping. Please let the courier be super duper extra careful!

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Correction, Swift or Android. Objective-C is just about dead. Apple is punting Swift for all its worth, including open-sourcing Swift 2 recently.
    Shows how much I know hey? I'm a .Net guy myself

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Shows how much I know hey? I'm a .Net guy myself
    Great, where are you based? And do you want to come work for me?

I need a .NET guy urgently at a client. I have one of my senior guys there already and the client wanted another guy pronto... Like in tomorrow pronto.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Great, where are you based? And do you want to come work for me?

I need a .NET guy urgently at a client. I have one of my senior guys there already and the client wanted another guy pronto... Like in tomorrow pronto.
    What kind of .NET guy you do you need? Also what is the approximate salary if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    What kind of .NET guy you do you need? Also what is the approximate salary if I may ask?
    I'm looking for all-rounders, but the client has an immediate need for BI / dashboard developers. So it's ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, JavaScript and T-SQL for the most part. Nothing that most .NET devs won't already be accustomed to.

As for salary, it depends on what you currently earn. Nobody moves for less than they currently earn. The client pays based on the candidate's experience and current payscale, so it's an open discussion.

Options for any candidate is to also move to a Java / Oracle environment or C / embedded environment once we do staff rotation. I rotate guys every 9-12 months to make sure I can cover all bases when someone leaves or is sick or whatever...

If you're interested, please draft a CV, or update your LinkedIn profile and export a CV from there (preferred).

Edit: Last thing, client is based in Sandton CBD and they prefer on-site work, if that's a deciding factor... It's a great client to work for though.
    Last edited by FarligOpptreden; 12-01-2016 at 07:58 PM.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

It's a great client to work for though.
    I'm assuming it's not the same one that made you cancel your holiday plans then.

I'm looking for all-rounders, but the client has an immediate need for BI / dashboard developers. So it's ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, JavaScript and T-SQL for the most part. Nothing that most .NET devs won't already be accustomed to.

As for salary, it depends on what you currently earn. Nobody moves for less than they currently earn. The client pays based on the candidate's experience and current payscale, so it's an open discussion.

Options for any candidate is to also move to a Java / Oracle environment or C / embedded environment once we do staff rotation. I rotate guys every 9-12 months to make sure I can cover all bases when someone leaves or is sick or whatever...

If you're interested, please draft a CV, or update your LinkedIn profile and export a CV from there (preferred).

Edit: Last thing, client is based in Sandton CBD and they prefer on-site work, if that's a deciding factor... It's a great client to work for though.
    Ugh, it's very tempting indeed. For now though I think I may have to skip. But if you have any openings a bit later in the year let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I'm assuming it's not the same one that made you cancel your holiday plans then.
    Not at all no. This client only came on the books last week... Much slower paced environment and very niche industry. They do have fairly strict recruitment requirements though... They only agreed once I sent in one of my 2 most senior guys - the 2 guys I trained by hand to my pedantic standards for 5 years. They declined 3 of my other guys.

...it's partly because of this new client that the previous one is giving me so much grief. But only partly, as they forced leave cancellations before I informed them of the staff reshuffle.

Not at all no. This client only came on the books last week... Much slower paced environment and very niche industry. They do have fairly strict recruitment requirements though... They only agreed once I sent in one of my 2 most senior guys - the 2 guys I trained by hand to my pedantic standards for 5 years. They declined 3 of my other guys.

...it's partly because of this new client that the previous one is giving me so much grief. But only partly, as they forced leave cancellations before I informed them of the staff reshuffle.
    Are things getting better now?
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Are things getting better now?
    Getting, yes. Are, not quite. Give me another 3 months and I might have a nice success story for you.