Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mma

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Default Mma

Might not exactly be gaming related, but I thought this was needed! =D
    Especially after this weekends UFC 196 fight...

WTF happened, Upset after Upset!
    I am a fan of Connor, even though he is very cocky and talks lots of smack. But I think that is part of his psychological game to get into an opponents head!

And the Holly Fight.. well no idea what happened there! Was hoping to see a Holly vs Ronda rematch, but guess that won't be in the next fight!

Name:  Conor-McGregor.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  54.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Might not exactly be gaming related, but I thought this was needed! =D
    Especially after this weekends UFC 196 fight...

WTF happened, Upset after Upset!
    I am a fan of Connor, even though he is very cocky and talks lots of smack. But I think that is part of his psychological game to get into an opponents head!

And the Holly Fight.. well no idea what happened there! Was hoping to see a Holly vs Ronda rematch, but guess that won't be in the next fight!

Name:  Conor-McGregor.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  54.8 KB
    Remember Connor was fighting not one but two weight groups above his own and it showed on the ground was still a good fight, as for holly I called that immediately after she beat Ronda I said she wont hold the title long, Ronda is a better fighter than her Holly is nothing special(Granted amazing standup) Ronda just got cocky and tried to play her game
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    ja they must watch it just now i decide to beat them with my empty Ricci Louw bottle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by InSanity View Post
    Remember Connor was fighting not one but two weight groups above his own and it showed on the ground was still a good fight, as for holly I called that immediately after she beat Ronda I said she wont hold the title long, Ronda is a better fighter than her Holly is nothing special(Granted amazing standup) Ronda just got cocky and tried to play her game
    Very True. Nate had a HUGE Reach advantage. And Connor knew he was out of his comfort zone. Really wanted him to win though, and hold 2 titles belts!

Holly is am amazing Stand up Fighter with her boxing history. But I never thought that Miesha was on Par with Holly, never mind Ronda. So next fight will be Miesha vs Ronda. Another domination?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Very True. Nate had a HUGE Reach advantage. And Connor knew he was out of his comfort zone. Really wanted him to win though, and hold 2 titles belts!

Holly is am amazing Stand up Fighter with her boxing history. But I never thought that Miesha was on Par with Holly, never mind Ronda. So next fight will be Miesha vs Ronda. Another domination?
    Holly's ground has always been weak if Ronda hadn't been so cocky and just kept it to the ground she wouldve never lost i think its going to be a holly ronda for top contender next
    ja they must watch it just now i decide to beat them with my empty Ricci Louw bottle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Holly's ground has always been weak if Ronda hadn't been so cocky and just kept it to the ground she wouldve never lost i think its going to be a holly ronda for top contender next
    Very very true!

Only after Miesha vs Ronda. Then we will get to see that rematch again! Ronda was hoping Holly would win so she could get the rematch sooner!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

McGregor was actually at his natural walking weight for the first time in the UFC.. He typically fights way below, as he can cut that much while staying competitive, but has been planning on going up to lightweight and down to welterweight. Mad Irish.

I've yet to see the fight, but it sounds like Diaz stopped all of McGregor's punches (with his face) and landed steady shots consistently, getting McGregor tired enough to get him in a poor position on the mat.

Holm vs. Tate. I did not see that one coming. I disagree with you about Holm and Rousey. Rousey is a little too predictable, in my opinion, and when she tries to mix things up, it fails miserably, like against Holm. Holm is a much better rounded fighter, with excellent standup, which is the part that Rousey has always been weakest at. Again, haven't seen the fight yet, but I'm a little surprised that Tate got a TKO. I figured that Holm would be able to negate her aggression reasonably well, and win with the long game.

Either way, interesting times for the sport, and it's great to see interest rising so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    McGregor was actually at his natural walking weight for the first time in the UFC.. He typically fights way below, as he can cut that much while staying competitive, but has been planning on going up to lightweight and down to welterweight. Mad Irish.

I've yet to see the fight, but it sounds like Diaz stopped all of McGregor's punches (with his face) and landed steady shots consistently, getting McGregor tired enough to get him in a poor position on the mat.

Holm vs. Tate. I did not see that one coming. I disagree with you about Holm and Rousey. Rousey is a little too predictable, in my opinion, and when she tries to mix things up, it fails miserably, like against Holm. Holm is a much better rounded fighter, with excellent standup, which is the part that Rousey has always been weakest at. Again, haven't seen the fight yet, but I'm a little surprised that Tate got a TKO. I figured that Holm would be able to negate her aggression reasonably well, and win with the long game.

Either way, interesting times for the sport, and it's great to see interest rising so much!
    it was only TKO because she didnt tap I completely disagree about you saying holly is a well rounded fighter her ground game has always been extremely weak as shown this weekend hence why she couldnt even do a single title defense as for Diaz Mcgregor Mcgregor did well he was landing massive shots just wasnt enough to drop diaz who is an extremely tough guy but you could see the size did make a difference when connor took him to the ground diaz litterally just tossed him over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post

Seemed like Connor was doing very well. Cut Nates eye open and kept on moving and landing his punches. Nate hit Connor with one proper hit, and you could see Connor was staggering around and was definitely hurt and went down hill from there pretty much!

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Not an MMA fan in the slightest but I couldnt avoid the news of these two douchebags fight being shoved in my face all the time.

I dont see MMA as a sport, its a glorified street fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    Not an MMA fan in the slightest but I couldnt avoid the news of these two douchebags fight being shoved in my face all the time.

I dont see MMA as a sport, its a glorified street fight.
    that is the furtherest thing from the truth go to one training session and you will see i have played all kinds of sports in my life and i loved MMA the most purely because of how technical it is