Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebeltech

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Tech View Post
    So the story from Rebel Tech's side is as follows.

Flex did place an order on Thursday (around 3pm) - an arrangement was made for payment. The order was placed after the cut off time for next day delivery. However, Alex did arrange that the monitor was to be collected by the Rebel Tech's driver and informed Flex that monitor be ready for collection on Friday around 4pm and that Rebel Tech is not open on the weekends. Flex did ask until what time he could collect to which Alex replied 17:00 and that traffic in the fourways area turns into a nightmare around 4pm but if Flex was running late just give him a call and he can wait a little longer for him.

The monitor arrived with the driver at around 4ish and Flex called in at 16:28:25 to inform Alex that he was on his way. However, he didn't ask Alex to stay after hours or state that he was going to be late (just that he was on his way). At 17:42:16 (as per the surveillance camera system), Alex locked up and went on his way home after waiting 40min after closing (and close on an hour after speaking to Flex). Flex then called the phone system at 17:52:56, again at 17:54:05 and finally 17:58:06) which I can assume is roughly the time he arrived (I need to check the security at the office park entrance).

Last night, at 21:03, Flex sent a message to the Rebel Tech FB group stating that he would like to get hold of Alex ASAP. I informed him that Alex will be in on Monday and that Flex should drop him an email but I also offered to help if possible. Flex then informed me of the issue. I did explain what happen in the past where we have had customers that wanted to collect after hours and Alex arranged it but the customers never showed and didn't let Alex know. I also admitted that Alex should have called to confirm that Flex was still on his way. I asked how I could solve the problem by offering for him to collect the screen tomorrow (Sunday) if he wanted - else I could get my driver to drop the monitor off on Monday (free of course and saving Flex petrol). Flex opted to collect the monitor today at around 10am.

I made the required arrangements for Alex (he says about 40km from the office) to be there as I already had a prior arrangement with another customer. Alex was there at 10 and apologised profusely to Flex and offered him free delivery on his next order. Alex does not have the authority to offer discount or free items (this is at my sole discretion).

There are a few things I should point out here:
    1.) There are hardly any etailer/retails etc that will wait for their customers. Most stores have a policy that the store closes at 5 and if you aren't there then shame (The amount of times I have just arrived at PnP as they closed their doors and not been allowed in is very high - I blame my working working hours). However, if a customer makes an arrangement with us (that is reasonable) then we accommodate them (i.e. after hour collections on working days, Saturdays collection or even collection from my house). Flex didn't make these arrangements with us (just stated he was on his way) and though Alex offered to wait a little longer - Flex shouldn't have expected him to wait until close to 6pm without prior arrangements. There is a huge security risk, for Rebel Tech and the staff, leaving the office open after 5pm.

2.) I care, and so do my staff, about customer service! If we didn't, then why were arrangement offered to rectify the situation (after hours collection) to make Flex happy. Flex was offered free delivery on more than one occasion (on his current order of the monitor and his next future purchase). I do not see why Rebel Tech failed to accommodate him given all the evidence presented.

Now honestly how does this all make Rebel Tech a "crap place to buy it from"?
    Okay great, thank you very much.

And it is for this EXACT reason that our business uses a Voip system that can record calls. It's a rather awesome feeling when a customer (or anyone really) tries to tweak important details in their favour when disputing something or making some kind of accusation. Recordings are reviewed and then its so satisfying when this kind of thing can happen.

We had a Telkom agent tell us one thing, then later on another said "no it can't be done." So we requested a higher level up who also said no they would never say it can be done. e-mail sent with .wav recording (as above). it got done

I am honestly not trying to tweak anything at all. I did appreciate that they offered to stay late. I only had a problem that I was driving all the way from pretoria and he knew I was definitely on my way there, and did not phone me to let me know that they are leaving. I would not have had any problem turning around then. I was just left under the impression that he is still waiting for me. That is the only reason I was upset, the fact the he did not try to contact me even though he had all my contact details

Ye look, to think u were going to make it in a respectiable time on a Friday after 4pm is ludicrous. The highway starts getting backed up from about 3:30 onwards. But I have to say, u got to love recordings and the current standings are Flex 0 | Rebeltech 1. Even though u were hoping he would contact u before goin home, it think the bigger crime is "Delayed gratification".

Either way, hope u loving the screen
    Current FOTM ISP Webafrica
    Take heed and bare witness to the truths that lie here in. For it is nearly weekend and gaming must begin!

I did not ask them to stay open. They offered and I thought that was very nice. I did not demand to get my screen on Friday :/ I would not have had an issue if they said no sorry, we can't stay after 5. But that was not the case
    But I am leaving this alone now.

Locking this thread. Everything that needed to be said, seems to have been.

Update: Thread re-opened at the request of [MENTION=12410]Rebel Tech[/MENTION]. To try and avoid this getting ugly, one response from Rune and one response from [MENTION=16362]Flex[/MENTION] will be allowed before the thread is closed again.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

I do not have anything more to say. I do not have much more to say actually. I did not manipulate the truth or try to bend it in any way. He does not understand my point and me his. And that's that

Spoiler: show

Name:  2383549-lock.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  18.1 KB
    Bending the rules baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Locking this thread. Everything that needed to be said, seems to have been.

Update: Thread re-opened at the request of [MENTION=12410]Rebel Tech[/MENTION]. To try and avoid this getting ugly, one response from Rune and one response from [MENTION=16362]Flex[/MENTION] will be allowed before the thread is closed again.
    I'm not sure that a lock is required (unless some mod cleaning happened that is invisible to us now..), as everyone is being quite civil about the whole thing.. This thread might just serve Rebeltech well as a contact point, should they want one.

But hey, it's purely a suggestion, you're the Mussolini around these parts

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    I'm not sure that a lock is required (unless some mod cleaning happened that is invisible to us now..), as everyone is being quite civil about the whole thing.. This thread might just serve Rebeltech well as a contact point, should they want one.

But hey, it's purely a suggestion, you're the Mussolini around these parts
    A contact point sounds like a good idea, but me thinks the thread icon should change
    No idea why it would get ugly - the problem was resolved, no?