Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Upgrading costs??

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by messiahfg View Post
    I didn't plan on upgrading but my machine died on me so landed up getting myself a new toy. The details are in my sig but I basically got:

    E8400 Intel 3.0ghz processor
    Gigabyte Motherbard
    8GB DDR2 800 RAM
    24" Sammy monitor
    ATI H4870 1GB screen card
    Vista 64bit (Will upgrade again to Windows 7 64 bit when it gets released officially)

    Cost me around R13k with the monitor

    Next thing to purchase is a Quad Core but for now my machine is service nicely. Solitare has never looked so good
    8GB is overkill!

    and i'm jealous
    Wait... what?

  2. #32
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarza View Post
    8GB is overkill!

    and i'm jealous
    LOL
    Im also gonna be running 8 gig in my next rig.
    Its not overkill mate..Its there if you need it(not that you will anytime soon)
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    LOL
    Im also gonna be running 8 gig in my next rig.
    Its not overkill mate..Its there if you need it(not that you will anytime soon)
    I was one click away from ordering another 4GB, but the issue is that alot of my stuff (AKA games) is still in XP 32bit... which means I'm capped at 3GB so rather pointless for now, i'll re-think about it when windows 7 is out
    Wait... what?

  4. #34
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarza View Post
    I was one click away from ordering another 4GB, but the issue is that alot of my stuff (AKA games) is still in XP 32bit... which means I'm capped at 3GB so rather pointless for now, i'll re-think about it when windows 7 is out
    Yeah true aswell.
    Rather put the money towards something else or towards much better ram when you upgrade!!
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoOkie View Post
    on-board SupremeFX II ADI 1988B Dobly Digital live 7.1 audio with coaxial+optical S/Pdif out. Who needs a sound card when you have that standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    Yeah I have about the same. No need to get any soundcard when the onboard is of such a quality.
    Well I guess.... as long as it's not Realtek....

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    What's happening Friday??
    I told you guys about this... If the internet wasn't so slow, I would have gotten the link for you...

    Remember the high speed I did in a low speed zone...

  7. #37

    Default

    I've already spent over R10,000 but it was long overdue. Will probably only spend a few hundred more this year for some more RAM but that will be it for a long time.

  8. #38
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I told you guys about this... If the internet wasn't so slow, I would have gotten the link for you...

    Remember the high speed I did in a low speed zone...
    Oh shit dude.
    Completely forgot...
    Good luck mate..we can talk about it on saturday..
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  9. #39
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Browser View Post
    I've already spent over R10,000 but it was long overdue. Will probably only spend a few hundred more this year for some more RAM but that will be it for a long time.
    What did you spend the R10 000 on?
    Wich parts ect.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

  10. #40

    Default

    hhmm...

    Am planning to recycle / replace my current lappy with a new one later in the year. Am looking at R30K atm, will probably be a XPS or Alienware machine.

    Then upgrading my LCD, probably that 22" SBW in the specials thread @ R2200 from landmarkpc.

    Then also started itching last night (thanks to TM and Joker) to upgrade my desktop pc, in the 10k-15k region.

    That's all for now.
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •