Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Upgrading costs??

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Nice setup except for that WD hard drive.
    Those things only give serious load time improvement when setup in raid 0..Not worth the money!!
    I'll be getting it for R2000. It's a freakin steal.

I really wanted to get an SSD drive. But damn, even I'm not mad enough to pay R4000 for a 80GB SSD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    I'll be getting it for R2000. It's a freakin steal.

I really wanted to get an SSD drive. But damn, even I'm not mad enough to pay R4000 for a 80GB SSD drive.
    Yeah that is a good price...so ok good deal
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    LOL
    Im also gonna be running 8 gig in my next rig.
    Its not overkill mate..Its there if you need it(not that you will anytime soon)
    I currently idle at around 6GB of memory used. Running 2 - 3 Virtual machines and it does nothing to my system performance is awsome. No need to shut them down when I need to play some games

8GB cost me around R1500 I think. Normal DDR2-800 I went after quantity rather than the new DDR3. Would have cost me an arm and a leg if I got 8GB DDR3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    So much for "Poor Students"

Back when I bought my beautiful Samsung 22 inch LCD, I remember seeing the same model at Incredible Connection for around R1000 more. I think that place might go out of business if pople were better informed.
    I know how you feel mate. I bought a Samsung 24" about 3 months ago. Saw the 26" at IC last week for the same price

Quote Originally Posted by messiahfg View Post
    I currently idle at around 6GB of memory used. Running 2 - 3 Virtual machines and it does nothing to my system performance is awsome. No need to shut them down when I need to play some games

8GB cost me around R1500 I think. Normal DDR2-800 I went after quantity rather than the new DDR3. Would have cost me an arm and a leg if I got 8GB DDR3 :P
    Nice setup there.
    Im gonna start building my new rig soon, and im planning on running 8gig's of DDR3 ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231220

64GB SSD drive for R1400

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...545&CatId=3775

BFG GTX 260 OC for R2400

I wanted to buy a couple of things from tigerdirect when i was in the states. just never had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoOkie View Post
    That's the G-Skill one. Check out prices for the Intel X25-M..... 80GB for R4000!! Or even worse, the Intel X25-Extreme 32GB........ R8000!!!!!!!

Insane.

That's the G-Skill one. Check out prices for the Intel X25-M..... 80GB for R4000!! Or even worse, the Intel X25-Extreme 32GB........ R8000!!!!!!!

Insane.
    Yeah that's what you pay for top products wich are completely useless in my point of view..lol!!
    I'd never spend that on any hdd!!

Nothing have a great PC as is!