Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MyGaming Activity: Ideas and Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Great thread. I try and contribute wherever I can. It would be awesome to see mygaming someday be as popular as mybroadband.

Bringing back the classifieds section would boost viewer and potential members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Great stuff DieGrootHammer! I like your subtle approach but I'm going to start another thread regarding a brute force posting idea. Just to complement all your great ideas.
    You had my curiosity, you now have my attention....

But do feel free to add any and all ideas you may have about getting more activity! My list of things are merely ideas and suggestions, and I welcome any other ideas as well.

The biggest obstacles will probably to get people to gain interest and also to maintain that interest. Also I know a lot of us are very busy. But those of us who love MyGaming can put in a special effort and see how it goes. I'm prepared to help. So DieGrootHammer, let me know when you need us to do things and lets see who will do what. Is it alright if you lead the whole thing?
    I would like to see more opinions on the ideas though, and maybe more ideas as well, before springing into action. Also, I would love to hear what any of the mods has to say, if they think these ideas are good/bad/mediocre and most importantly, feasible. In the end it is their forum that we are using, and at the end of the day they have the final say in any big changes that might be made.

So @Jan , @qornea , @gr33nFIEND , would love to hear what you all have to say about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Just a gentle bump to keep this in your minds. I would really like to hear some more ideas from the community, or just some discussion on the current ideas mentioned. Are the ideas mentioned good/bad? Will it be something you are interested in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

I think there are some awesome ideas and I would love to participate in the gaming competitions. That could be a lot of fun. I tend to just say what I need or want in the various threads, but I hate repeating everything that others have said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I think there are some awesome ideas and I would love to participate in the gaming competitions. That could be a lot of fun. I tend to just say what I need or want in the various threads, but I hate repeating everything that others have said.
    I hate repeating everything others have said.

No I don't! I wonder if everyone that has an XBox One has Forza 5. Maybe we can pick a track a week and a car class and see who can set the fastest lap. Or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

We should also encourage the guys who used to blog to continue, that side of this site has died and it was really interesting. Another idea is to try and get a thread where if people have let's say YouTube channels or something similar to help promote mygaming (just a thought) it would be cool to see our logo on anything I think the shirts and stuff would be awesome to(although difficult to do). Why not host Lan in the different regions? Or hold meets and little comic days or anime days or COD days where fans of the above can meet and kinda spread the word of mygaming(it may attract people and their friends to check out the site). I know some of these are hard to do... but just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I like the Gaming Leaderboards idea. I'm always interested in how I'm faring against other people in the country. I always try to join South African guilds and clans whenever I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    ... to help promote mygaming (just a thought) it would be cool to see our logo on anything ...
    I'd love to try make a Project Cars MyGaming custom car livery or two. Well, try to make one anyway. @Jan , any chance I could get a decent MyGaming logo somewhere?

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    We should also encourage the guys who used to blog to continue, that side of this site has died and it was really interesting. Another idea is to try and get a thread where if people have let's say YouTube channels or something similar to help promote mygaming (just a thought) it would be cool to see our logo on anything I think the shirts and stuff would be awesome to(although difficult to do). Why not host Lan in the different regions? Or hold meets and little comic days or anime days or COD days where fans of the above can meet and kinda spread the word of mygaming(it may attract people and their friends to check out the site). I know some of these are hard to do... but just a suggestion.
    Great suggestions Donsie!! There are some gold we can take from this and implement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost0 View Post
    I like the Gaming Leaderboards idea. I'm always interested in how I'm faring against other people in the country. I always try to join South African guilds and clans whenever I can.
    Thank you for the feedback. You are exactly the person I would love to hear from.

So, an update on this. I would still want to know what the staff of MyGaming think about this, and if there is going to be any overstepping of boundaries and such. Also, I've been stupidly busy the past few weeks, but I will get my ass in gear and start working on implementing some of these ideas. Also, if anyone wants to take initiative, steal any of the ideas here and implement it yourself, please be my guest and do just that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

The Local competitive gaming scene is booming, and Mygaming should take advantage of this and perhaps get more involved in some way or another.
    I have been slacking lately, but always try to post when and where local CSGO events are happening