Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MyGaming Activity: Ideas and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    I'd love to try make a Project Cars MyGaming custom car livery or two. Well, try to make one anyway. [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION], any chance I could get a decent MyGaming logo somewhere?
    High-ish res logos attached to this post.

Name:  MyGaming (Blue and Big Light Blue Ghost for Black).gif
Views: 55
Size:  21.1 KBName:  MyGaming (Blue and Big Light Blue Ghost for White).gif
Views: 56
Size:  24.8 KBName:  MyGaming (Blue and Big Red Ghost for Black).gif
Views: 57
Size:  21.4 KBName:  MyGaming (Blue and Big Red Ghost for White).gif
Views: 54
Size:  24.9 KB
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    High-ish res logos attached to this post.
    perfect, thank you. will share the results of my creativity soonest!

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Here's the progress I've made on the MyGaming branded Aston Martin Rapide S Hydrogen Hybrid custom livery for ProjectCARS over the weekend. Focused on the rear side panels so still a heck of a lot to do, but open for any comments, suggestions, critiques, pointers in the right direction at this point, before I go too far.

On the sunny California coast in the sun:
    Name:  wip-mgaston1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  412.9 KB

At Spa-Franchorchamp in the pouring rain:
    Name:  wip-mgaston2.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  607.2 KB

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

[MENTION=15883]GregRedd[/MENTION] that's looking pretty amazing. Well done. I like the usage of the various gaming, hardware and console logo's on the car, plus the blue fade is pretty epic looking. I wonder if you would be able to change it to a black background colour as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    [MENTION=15883]GregRedd[/MENTION] that's looking pretty amazing. Well done. I like the usage of the various gaming, hardware and console logo's on the car, plus the blue fade is pretty epic looking. I wonder if you would be able to change it to a black background colour as well.
    Thanks for the props DGH! I'm actually having a lot of fun with this little project. Will hopefully get some more time later today to do some more. When you say a black background are you thinking a complete black body or black instead of the blue or white in the fade? I could possibly even add black into the background and make it a 3 color gradient: black fading to blue fading to white?

~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Thanks for the props DGH! I'm actually having a lot of fun with this little project. Will hopefully get some more time later today to do some more. When you say a black background are you thinking a complete black body or black instead of the blue or white in the fade? I could possibly even add black into the background and make it a 3 color gradient: black fading to blue fading to white?
    Keep us posted on your progress. So I'm in no way artistic so I might me talking out of my ass here, but as an alternative to the blue, maybe a black fading from a grey would look awesome as well. I like the blue fade, and you should keep it like that.

Ok, I get you. The base is the easy part so will play around with a couple of body color combinations and see. Thanks for the feedback.

~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

The time has come that some of these ideas gets put into action. Over the weekend I will be creating some of the threads as discussed in the OP as well as in the rest of this thread. if you have any suggestions for gaming challenges or any other suggestions, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    The time has come that some of these ideas gets put into action. Over the weekend I will be creating some of the threads as discussed in the OP as well as in the rest of this thread. if you have any suggestions for gaming challenges or any other suggestions, please let me know.
    Awesome, I'll see if I can join you in some of those. My biggest problem at this time is well lack of time unfortunately. But I'd like to participate.

Bumping a little seeing as I didn't see this thread originally.

Anyway, I frequently pointed out to James that the forum activity was steadily decreasing with time and he always denied this, stating that behind the scenes his traffic stats proved otherwise. Don't really know what to make of that. Back then I said that increased quality of articles would likely lead to more traffic, seeing as back in Tinman's days the articles were very comprehensive and the forum was really rocking with activity. Articles nowadays are often very sparse on info or I just don't find them interesting and I'd hazard a guess at saying this is why so many of them see 0 or less than 5 responses in their forum threads. Although that's purely conjecture on my part, based on my own interest in what goes up on MyGaming.

For the last year or so I never actually visit the MyGaming page and I read about one in fifty articles, simply because there are better news sources elsewhere. I still maintain if we get articles with more substance we'd likely see a spike in forum traffic too. I don't know about any of you, but I can spend a hell of a lot more time discussing an in-depth preview of the upcoming Mad Max game than I can an article about how Xbox accidentally released the Ciri DLC early. I'd even help write articles of that nature from time to time, completely free of charge.

Also, don't underestimate how much traffic the opinion columns drew. Back in Tarryn's day she would get 100s of comments on a single opinion column. I miss that. Bring them back and get the guys cracking on controversial columns.