Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MyGaming Brute Force Competition

Cool MyGaming Brute Force Competition

As we know MyGaming is rather quiet between competitions. Yet many of us call MyGaming our home and we are a bit worried about its future. So [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] created an excellent thread on how to liven things up a bit here at MyGaming. A lot of thought went into the thread and it's great. He also mentioned how all this could be done without brute force posting.

So this thread is here to complement his. This thread is the MyGaming Brute Force Competition where you have a chance of winning a R500 Takealot voucher. This competition is not affiliated with MyGaming and they won't be sponsoring the prize. I will. So I didn't ask permission. Don't bother MyGaming admin and mods with this.

How it works
    1. Everyone who wants to enter must reply to this post and say they want to enter before midnight on the 28th of June 2015.
    2. Every week each participant must create 3 good threads here at MyGaming. * OR, If you can make one that gets more that 15 replies (i.e one that gets people posting), you only have to make that one for the week.
    3. A week starts on a Monday. The participant must then post before the end of the week (Sunday) in this thread with links to his/her 3 created threads.
    4. Max 1 thread may be created in Off Topic and max 1 thread may be created in Gaming News Articles per week.
    5. Copy-paste threads are allowed (ala @Doch-WP kind of posts) per week. Though the idea is to create discussion so if you do create a copy-paste thread then you have to post your opinion with it. Or even ask a question. Something to create discussion.
    6. Anyone may enter who have 50 or more posts before 21 June 2015.
    7. I will compete too but I won't be eligible for the prize.
    8. The competition ends 29 November 2015. After which the draw will happen on 1 December 2015. I will ask an admin here to do the draw and if they won't then I'll do it using a random number generator.
    9. The competition will only commence if we have at least 5 participants, excluding me.
    10. If a participant doesn't post his/her three threads and post links to them in this thread for the week then that participant is out and cannot win anymore.
    11. If all participants drop out then the last remaining participant is the winner.
    12. If you are going on holiday and can't post then please post here in advance and create the 3 threads in advance.
    13. I am the organiser of this competition and my word is law. If I disqualify someone then my word counts. I won't be unfair though. I mean the whole idea is to create discussion not have fights and things.

Any recommendations before the start of the competition will be nice. I'll change the rules accordingly. Please let me know if I missed out anything or if something must be clearer.

I know some of you hate things like this but I don't care. You don't have to enter if you don't want to.

It's a nice way to have some fun and generate some discussions. Long live MyGaming!

Participants:
    MalicE
    DarthMol

Not Elegible For Prize Participants
    Solitude
    BeoTeK
    czc
    _Caboose_
    mottamort
    MetalSoup
    DieGrootHammer
    Dohc-WP

Removed From Non Eligible Participants
    8sh

* Rule amendment (http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...#post1122974):
    You have to make 3 threads, OR, If you can make one that gets more that 15 replies (i.e one that gets people posting), you only have to make that one for the week.
    Last edited by Solitude; 25-11-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Can't promise I'll end up being able to post new threads every week but I'll "sign up" here

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

This is an excellent idea, and very generous of you. I'm in!

Great Idea.
    I wish but with this sucky internet I have I won't be able to meet the demand of so many threads.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

I am also keen to see MyG community and forum grow and prosper. Just a little concerned by the length of competition though. To post 3 meaningful threads per week, every single week, for 5 months ? I have bursts where i might create 6 in a week, and then nothing for the week after. Will the competition take the "average threads per week" into account ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    I am also keen to see MyG community and forum grow and prosper. Just a little concerned by the length of competition though. To post 3 meaningful threads per week, every single week, for 5 months ? I have bursts where i might create 6 in a week, and then nothing for the week after. Will the competition take the "average threads per week" into account ?
    Hehe nope, it's 3 per week. It's a very tough one! I've sat here before and couldn't think of a thread to create. I thought of making it a marathon to see who can last that long. That's also why copy and paste articles are allowed to make it a bit easier. However if everyone would prefer that we make it 2 per week then we can do that rather. What do you guys think?

Assassin of Accountants Ike_009's Avatar

I can't do the 3 a week for 5 months but I'll apply the principal where possible
    My ignore list: n/a

Oh noes MyGaming is so quiet, I don't know if we are going to get enough participants.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Oh noes MyGaming is so quiet, I don't know if we are going to get enough participants.
    intention is noble and concept in theory is solid. But I fear the amount of commitment required for 3x4x5 threads is a tad steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    intention is noble and concept in theory is solid. But I fear the amount of commitment required for 3x4x5 threads is a tad steep.
    If I make it 2 threads a week would you consider participating?