Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: MyGaming Memories - First Posts and Nostalgic trips

  1. #1

    Red face MyGaming Memories - First Posts and Nostalgic trips

    It's been a slow day on the forum, which made me have a gander at the old archives of the forum. I started reading old threads and posts, reliving some incredible memories from my stay here on the forum. Remembering members of the past, seeing old competitions and who posted the most within them, stuff like that. This started a discussion within TK about these memories.

    Here is my very first post on the forum - and wouldn't you know it, it was actually in the Introduce yourself thread. Also, just to show how things never change, the only person that greeted me was Weasley, the resident Welcoming Committee.

    This was my very first thread created on the forum - With only a few days on the forum, I could immediately deduce that The Joker was the one to talk to in buying a PC. I contacted him via the forum, and bought a brand new gaming rig from him. When I got it, I had to get back into the PC scene, hence the need for this thread.

    I also remember that a certain competition drew my attention and made me make my first post on the forum. It seems this was the competition that sparked my interest in the forum, but I didn't enter as I couldn't get to 20 posts. So I never fully participated, but it got me here. My first post on the forum was exactly 28 minutes after the competition was launched....

    So, to draw the discussion into it's own thread, what was your first post on the forum? What brought you here to become a MyGaming Forum member? What story do you have to tell that happened in the past on the forum? Share your stories, share your posts, and let's all dive into a bit of nostalgia.

  2. #2

    Default

    Lets see I joined the forum since prophecy was busy dying. So I stalked the forums for a while before I started posting. This was in the days of Omega Phoenix and Murph and Grimspoon and Sycogrim . . . They intimidated and scared me, until the first mygaming meetup where I met Omega, Murph and Syco. After that I was part of this amazing community and found a home here. This community became my home away from home and I have made some of my best friends here that I will never regret. Also how amazing the people on the forums are. They are caring, giving, helpful, snarky, full of shyte but we luff you all.
    My first post
    My first thread (I think)

  3. #3
    Thread Killer Mk III Wenzdayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a dark place
    Posts
    15,763

    Default

    Hahaha this is an awesome thread...

    back in the day the introduce yourself thread was kinda the TK....

    i think this is my first post(has to be cause i dont know how else to check)
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...lf-here/page25

    have no clue what my first thread is although im pretty sure it was some stupid question nothing related to gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

  4. #4

    Default

    Haha Wenz it's so funny how immediately everyone was like "howzit dude"; because nobody on the internet is a girl...

    And with Wyvz, I remember when I moved down to Cape Town on my own. I didn't know a single person here, nor did I have any family in Cape Town. Almost the very first weekend I was alone here, she organised a meet at CBC. I arrived 1 hour earlier waiting for them. Then I saw a dude and a girl come sit at the table next to where I was seated. I honestly thought it was them, but I couldn't be sure. So I messaged her via the forum, and the moment she reached for her phone, I went over to introduce myself.

  5. #5

    Default

    Wenzie your first thread was about a creepy stalker!

    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...dy1?highlight=

  6. #6
    Thread Killer Mk III Wenzdayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a dark place
    Posts
    15,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Haha Wenz it's so funny how immediately everyone was like "howzit dude"; because nobody on the internet is a girl...

    And with Wyvz, I remember when I moved down to Cape Town on my own. I didn't know a single person here, nor did I have any family in Cape Town. Almost the very first weekend I was alone here, she organised a meet at CBC. I arrived 1 hour earlier waiting for them. Then I saw a dude and a girl come sit at the table next to where I was seated. I honestly thought it was them, but I couldn't be sure. So I messaged her via the forum, and the moment she reached for her phone, I went over to introduce myself.
    HAHAHAHA ja in the beginning (that sounds so odd) i was always thought of as a guy. i cant remember if i went to the first meet and greet [MENTION=80]sycogrim[/MENTION] organised or if it was the next one...

    - - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Wenzie your first thread was about a creepy stalker!

    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...dy1?highlight=
    hahahahaha, ja lol daai ou het my insane gedryf
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

  7. #7

    Default

    Hahahaha Wenzie!

    Hammer en dis juis by CBC waar n awesome friendship begin het. Ons moet n yearly CBC doen om te celebrate !

  8. #8

    Default

    i really cant remember what my first post was but all i know was a bunch of us used to camp in the mybb gaming section and when mygaming started we immediately migrated.

    We used to have fanboy fridays (we argue which console was the best 360/ps3 cause most couldnt afford both back then)

    and tinman gave us free tshirts and a cap for the first 100 members that registered if im correct, i still have mine ( i think im gonna post a pic of it tonight).

    i cant remember my first thread ive kinda posted alot

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    i really cant remember what my first post was but all i know was a bunch of us used to camp in the mybb gaming section and when mygaming started we immediately migrated.

    We used to have fanboy fridays (we argue which console was the best 360/ps3 cause most couldnt afford both back then)

    and tinman gave us free tshirts and a cap for the first 100 members that registered if im correct, i still have mine ( i think im gonna post a pic of it tonight).

    i cant remember my first thread ive kinda posted alot
    All I remember of you kind sir is the fact that you ALWAYS have an excuse to meet us! :P

  10. #10

    Default

    I don't know where to find my first post or thread (of THIS account). Would like to find my very first post of my very first account.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22-10-2014, 12:46 PM
  2. Anyone feel nostalgic today? :)
    By dampi256 in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-01-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 12:41 PM
  4. Intros to make you feel nostalgic
    By Jabberwocky in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
  5. P4M900-M7 Sudden power surge/trips
    By sycogrim in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •