Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gearbox Looking to Make New Duke Nukem, Seeks “Correct Developer”

Default Gearbox Looking to Make New Duke Nukem, Seeks “Correct Developer”

Gearbox Software isn’t done with the Duke Nukem franchise just yet. Boss Randy Pitchford recently spoke at the Develop 2015 conference (as reported by Eurogamer) and revealed that it would like to work with another developer to bring a new Duke Nukem game to life..
    “I did not acquire the franchise merely so people could experience Duke Nukem Forever. That was, sort of, the toll to pay to give Duke Nukem a chance at a future.
    “So yes. In fact, we’ve done some concept development. The challenge is that Gearbox is very busy. A faster way would be if the correct developer would become interested and we’d work with them.”
    “I think that’s it’s a challenging problem, but there’s no doubt that, when it does happen, the entire industry will turn its head. Getting attention in this industry is one of the hardest things to do.”
    Will it end up being better than Duke Nukem Forever, which was in development at 3D Realms for 10 years before being acquired by Gearbox and pretty much released as is to middling acclaim? One can only hope.

Source: GamingBolt

I actually bought the Balls of steel edition for the last duke and was so damn disappointed i finished the game in a day and haven't even looked at it again even packed away the collectible. So please don't mess this up again i RLY need a good Duke game for a change.

The killed the franchise for me... I was at the launch of the new game at Hooters in Fourways... It was supposed to be amazing... The game was supposed to bring back the fond memories of an adolescent boy venturing through his first strip club... Alas... It did nothing but piss me off...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Bulletstorm was technically a better duke nukem game without duke nukem

O god... You totally just went there didnt you...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Wouldn't be a surprise to anyone me saying: I have never been a fan of the franchise. It does not interest me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 8sh View Post
    Wouldn't be a surprise to anyone me saying: I have never been a fan of the franchise. It does not interest me at all.
    You didn't grow up with Duke Nuken 1 and 2, the awesome old platformers. Duke 3D was a total mindwarp in an age where FPS games were just starting to gather momentum.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    Bulletstorm was technically a better duke nukem game without duke nukem
    I have to agree with you on that one. Bullet storm was a awesome game sadly, no sequels where planned so, the game died after it's first title.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one. Bullet storm was a awesome game sadly, no sequels where planned so, the game died after it's first title.
    not quite, when people can fly did split from epic about a month ago, the got the bulletstorm IP for free as a golden handshake

dunno...the franchise lacks substance imo. The original pushed the gfx limits a bit & scored brownie points there...but any remake is gonna have a hard time imo...its got nothing going for it
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag