Thread: Upgrading to Windows 10: what you need to know

Default Upgrading to Windows 10: what you need to know

Upgrading to Windows 10: what you need to know

Microsoft has explained when and how its customers can upgrade to Windows 10.

The body is ready.
    Work PC will also be upgraded and taken for a test run before I roll out to the rest of the office.
    DALA SQUAD
    Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

So who here has decided to jump on the bandwagon early? Are you definitely going to upgrade? If so, when?

Personally, I will wait three months or so, but I am keen for an upgrade. I have been sicking with Windows 7 since it came out (a decision that I don't regret) but I think it's time to move on now. My main concern is how it's going to affect some games, but if I want DirectX12 awesomeness, I am going to have to make the move at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    So who here has decided to jump on the bandwagon early? Are you definitely going to upgrade? If so, when?

Personally, I will wait three months or so, but I am keen for an upgrade. I have been sicking with Windows 7 since it came out (a decision that I don't regret) but I think it's time to move on now. My main concern is how it's going to affect some games, but if I want DirectX12 awesomeness, I am going to have to make the move at some point.
    Well i bought the windows 8 purely because i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro (I got win 8 at the student price). I think I'll be one of the early movers, not really fussed about the games that will no longer work, they are old and it's okay for them to die.
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    Well i bought the windows 8 purely because i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro (I got win 8 at the student price). I think I'll be one of the early movers, not really fussed about the games that will no longer work, they are old and it's okay for them to die.
    Thats exactly what I did...I do believe you even got me the link to the student version (couldnt find it on microsoft site). I'll be upgrading my home pc whenever they tell me its ready, but i'll wait a bit on my work laptop to make the jump, rather not screw something up there :P

So gaming pc is my lab animal.

Have the RTM ISO, but rather gonna wait for the update on 29 July. Really do not want to format as I have been running issue-free for almost years on Win 8.1
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

I got an email from Microsoft giving all this detail as well. My work lappies are all ready. I'm also planning of upgrading a little micro PC I've got setup for various dashboards to upgrade. Hopefully [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] will be able to fix my PC soon then I'll get that one upgraded as well

Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Thats exactly what I did...I do believe you even got me the link to the student version (couldnt find it on microsoft site). I'll be upgrading my home pc whenever they tell me its ready, but i'll wait a bit on my work laptop to make the jump, rather not screw something up there :P

So gaming pc is my lab animal.
    Seems like we all bought that special
    Also decided to buy 8.1 Pro so I could upgrade to Win10. However I will wait and not update immediately, atleast a week or so. By that time the internet will know if it is worth it to upgrade or not, if there are problems, etc.