Thread: Rise of the Tomb Raider Looks like The Tomb Raider Sequel We All Wanted

Default Rise of the Tomb Raider Looks like The Tomb Raider Sequel We All Wanted

It’s absolutely amazing that Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics felt that a QTE riddled linear, cinematic vertical slice would be an appropriate showing for Rise of the Tomb Raider at E3- something that was thrown into stark relief today at Gamescom, when we finally got to see the gameplay of the game in action. And it looks glorious, harkening back to the classic Tomb Raider roots of the franchise that were temporarily eschewed with the 2013 reboot.

Check out the footage for yourself below- it looks like the kind of Tomb Raider game the 2013 reboot always aspired to be, and should have been.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will launch on Xbox One on November 13 this year. There is also an Xbox 360 version launching alongside. A version for PC is planned for early next year, while PS4 will have to wait till next holiday to get it.

Source: GamingBolt

Perfect! Can't wait already!!
    [MENTION=13400]brendanvb[/MENTION] I think we are the only two guys here on the forum that LOVES this game more than anything. Excited for the 'sequel'
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    [MENTION=13400]brendanvb[/MENTION] I think we are the only two guys here on the forum that LOVES this game more than anything. Excited for the 'sequel'
    Haha unfortunately for me I'll be waiting for the "early 2016" PC release as I'm just not ready to buy an Xbone yet...

I'm a big (new) tombraider fan...if not for the multiplayer achieves, i'd have it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Haha unfortunately for me I'll be waiting for the "early 2016" PC release as I'm just not ready to buy an Xbone yet...
    It will be worth the wait man, I'm too impatient so bought an xbone in June for this and other exclusives.

Just so inlove with Lara Croft
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

It will be worth the wait man, I'm too impatient so bought an xbone in June for this and other exclusives.

Just so inlove with Lara Croft
    Voice of Lara Croft: Name:  Camilla-Luddington.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  219.0 KB

!NSFW! her in Californication:
    Spoiler: show

[MENTION=12607]mottamort[/MENTION] HOLY SHEET!!!

An improvement over what was already great.

So glad Luddington is back in the role of Lara. So far as I'm concerned, she is Lara. She's also damn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    I'll also be waiting for the 2016 PC release.
    Also nice Motta... I approve.
    DALA SQUAD
    Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

I will Also be waiting for PC , I just cant commit to consol yet , freaking games are way to expensive 300 to 400 yes i will pay but 900 to 1000
    eish

Originally posted by Tpex (2009 game review) having a knife fight in a phone booth