You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Windows 10 to block unauthorised hardware and software

  1. #41
    There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    11,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    It will. They haven't had the financial backing of a multi-billion dollar company for decades. Just look at how the available games on Linux has exploded in the last few years since Steam started supporting the OS. There are currently 1189 games on Steam that support Linux.

    Not to even mention what Vulkan is going to do to the Linux gaming scene. If the trend keeps up, I'll probably switch to Linux for good in the next 2 or 3 years.
    I've been wondering how the switch is going. Is Graal still around?
    0
     

  2. #42
    Bargain Hunter mottamort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    3,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I've been wondering how the switch is going. Is Graal still around?
    Name:  marty-somehow-we-where-brought-back-to-this-old-thread.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  31.7 KB


    P.S. I stole it from google, believe me the spelling is grinding my gears deeply!
    0
     

  3. #43
    murfle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I've been wondering how the switch is going. Is Graal still around?
    I've been on linux almost exclusively for a year or two, minus Win7 in a VM at work, and an old laptop hard drive for Win10 on my desktop (but I have to physically swap around drive cables) for the odd game...
    0
     

  4. #44
    Thread Killer Mk VIII czc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Between Kensington and The Vale
    Posts
    15,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Name:  marty-somehow-we-where-brought-back-to-this-old-thread.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  31.7 KB


    P.S. I stole it from google, believe me the spelling is grinding my gears deeply!
    Why? All the spelling is correct.
    T A N S T A A F L
    0
     

  5. #45
    Bargain Hunter mottamort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    3,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Why? All the spelling is correct.
    Apparently I can't give neg rep if i've repped you for something else recently
    0
     

  6. #46
    Graal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Trophies Save the date

    Default

    Necroing again. Sorry folks. Only just saw this now.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I've been wondering how the switch is going. Is Graal still around?
    I've been using Linux since roughly May last year. I made the switch because I started contracting from home and needed Linux for development, but I did some gaming on it too. You're still very limited compared to Windows 10, but it's not dire. There's very few games that I wasn't able to run so far. Most indie games support Linux out of the box and many AAA games now have native Linux support. For anything else, you can usually use WINE. The biggest problem I had with Linux was finding good drivers for my AMD card (because AMD). Apparently it's not as much of an issue if you have a newer card or an Nvidia GPU.

    I moved to Germany last year in August, so I don't have a desktop at the moment because GPU prices and all that. I want to build one this year and I'll definitely go straight back to Linux once I get it. For everyday use it's an awesome OS and I can highly recommend it. I just can't imagine working with Win10 again. It's the most infuriating OS I've ever used. I'd rather fiddle a bit in Linux to get my games running optimally than go back to that trainwreck.
    It's very funny because Microsoft has been nailing everything on the Xbox and I can't stop singing their praises for it, but Windows 10 just gets worse with every update and I can't stop hating it.
    0
     

  7. #47
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    Necroing again. Sorry folks. Only just saw this now.



    I've been using Linux since roughly May last year. I made the switch because I started contracting from home and needed Linux for development, but I did some gaming on it too. You're still very limited compared to Windows 10, but it's not dire. There's very few games that I wasn't able to run so far. Most indie games support Linux out of the box and many AAA games now have native Linux support. For anything else, you can usually use WINE. The biggest problem I had with Linux was finding good drivers for my AMD card (because AMD). Apparently it's not as much of an issue if you have a newer card or an Nvidia GPU.

    I moved to Germany last year in August, so I don't have a desktop at the moment because GPU prices and all that. I want to build one this year and I'll definitely go straight back to Linux once I get it. For everyday use it's an awesome OS and I can highly recommend it. I just can't imagine working with Win10 again. It's the most infuriating OS I've ever used. I'd rather fiddle a bit in Linux to get my games running optimally than go back to that trainwreck.
    It's very funny because Microsoft has been nailing everything on the Xbox and I can't stop singing their praises for it, but Windows 10 just gets worse with every update and I can't stop hating it.
    Yup
    0
     

  8. #48
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    Necroing again. Sorry folks. Only just saw this now.



    I've been using Linux since roughly May last year. I made the switch because I started contracting from home and needed Linux for development, but I did some gaming on it too. You're still very limited compared to Windows 10, but it's not dire. There's very few games that I wasn't able to run so far. Most indie games support Linux out of the box and many AAA games now have native Linux support. For anything else, you can usually use WINE. The biggest problem I had with Linux was finding good drivers for my AMD card (because AMD). Apparently it's not as much of an issue if you have a newer card or an Nvidia GPU.

    I moved to Germany last year in August, so I don't have a desktop at the moment because GPU prices and all that. I want to build one this year and I'll definitely go straight back to Linux once I get it. For everyday use it's an awesome OS and I can highly recommend it. I just can't imagine working with Win10 again. It's the most infuriating OS I've ever used. I'd rather fiddle a bit in Linux to get my games running optimally than go back to that trainwreck.
    It's very funny because Microsoft has been nailing everything on the Xbox and I can't stop singing their praises for it, but Windows 10 just gets worse with every update and I can't stop hating it.
    damn dude, quit the necro vibes.
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware
    By Necuno in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 07:00 AM
  2. BSOD error: Not sure if it's hardware or software
    By masheleni in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
  3. BioShock's Rapture block-by-block in Minecraft
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
  4. Steam Hardware and Software Survey Results
    By Tinman in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-08-2010, 01:08 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •